PayPal Community Chat - June 6, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, June 6th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everybody!

Today's Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Forum User Agreement and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT and Friday from 4pm to 5pm GMT, so if you missed us this time, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

jpscas2001
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I'm wondering if there is an easier way to get back my refund
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@jpscas2001 wrote:
Hi I'm wondering if there is an easier way to get back my refund

Hi @jpscas2001,

Welcome to the chat! I'd be happy to help provide some guidance.

Can you tell me more about the situation? Have you requested the refund? Has the seller issued a refund? Is there a dispute open? If you can provide more details, I can help with some options.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

jpscas2001
Contributor
Contributor
Hi it was a dispute and the bottom of the page said that the money will be refunded to the original payment method
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@jpscas2001 wrote:
Hi it was a dispute and the bottom of the page said that the money will be refunded to the original payment method

Hi @jpscas2001,

Thank you for that clarification. If a card was used, the refund would be returned to that card. If a bank is used, the funds are returned to the balance, where they can be withdrawn or spent once received. I regret that it is not possible to get the refund sent to your balance if a card was used.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

jpscas2001
Contributor
Contributor

it seems for ever to be refunded 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@jpscas2001 wrote:

it seems for ever to be refunded 

Hi @jpscas2001,

I'm sorry to hear that. Is the dispute already decided, or if it still open? If the dispute is still open, the refund will not have been sent yet.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

jpscas2001
Contributor
Contributor

the dispute was closed. and it said the money would be refunded to the original payment method. and I have not see any thing as yet

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@jpscas2001 wrote:

the dispute was closed. and it said the money would be refunded to the original payment method. and I have not see any thing as yet

Hi @jpscas2001,

Ah, it's good to hear that the dispute is closed and it says that a refund is coming. Refunds that are sent back to cards may take some time to reflect in your card's balance. Typically it only takes a few days, but some card issuers may take a full billing cycle. When was the dispute closed?

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.