withdraw to foreign bank account

Tim-TA
Contributor
Contributor

I recently moved my business from the UK to Malta. I cannot find a way to withdraw money to a Malta bank account. UK sort codes have 6 digits, Malta has 5. I read somewhere this was not possible due to individual country laws but both UK & Malta are part of the EC.

I can recieve money into a Paypal Euro account. Why can't I transfer it into a Euro bank account?

Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

joseca10
Contributor
Contributor

Hello 

If there is a way to withdraw funds to a Panama Pay Pal account, either with credit card or receiving a US check.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Click on the drop down box in the link below and select the country that you want and it will show you what you can do.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=%5fdisplay%2dcountry%2dfunctionality%2doutside&dispatch=58...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

djrickyg
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Sophie,

Can you confirm the situation in Israel please? i.e. if I set up an Israeli PayPal, can I withdraw using Israeli account details or do I need a card from my Israeli bank? The reason I ask is that I have an Israeli bank account, but no up to date bank card at the moment?

Many thanks,

Richard
Login to Me Too

djrickyg
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Sophie wrote:

Hi Rockdrick,

Welcome to the Community Forum!

I have researched this for you, and I can confirm that with a Uruguayan PayPal account, you have the option of withdrawing either to a Visa card, or by cheque. You should see all available options when you click on the 'Withdraw' option when logged into your account.

I would advise contacting Customer Support for your region if you have any further questions or concerns regarding this. You can find our contact details by clicking on 'Contact Us' at the bottom of any page when logged in.

Thanks!

Sophie

Hi Sophie,

Can you confirm the situation in Israel please? i.e. if I set up an Israeli PayPal, can I withdraw using Israeli account details or do I need a card from my Israeli bank? The reason I ask is that I have an Israeli bank account, but no up to date bank card at the moment?

Many thanks,

Richard

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi djrickyg,

That's a great question.

At the moment accounts in Israel can withdraw using a local bank account or a Visa card.  If you only have a bank account that should be fine for now, however you would need a card to verify your PayPal account and lift your limits. I would recommend adding a card as soon as you can.

I hope this helps.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

djrickyg
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Rachael, 

@PayPal_Rachael wrote:

Hi djrickyg,

That's a great question.

At the moment accounts in Israel can withdraw using a local bank account or a Visa card.  If you only have a bank account that should be fine for now, however you would need a card to verify your PayPal account and lift your limits. I would recommend adding a card as soon as you can.

I hope this helps.

Rachael

Thanks Rachael,

In the sign up process it asks me for my Israeli telephone number, which I don't have anymore. Is there any way I can complete the sign up process using a different type verficiation / confirmation?

Best regards,

Richard 

Login to Me Too

Andyoz
Contributor
Contributor
Hi PayPal I also have a Malta PayPal account and a Maltese company, you say we need to add a debit card to withdraw money but the maximum we can do in one transaction is 2000 Euros and you also charge a fee to do this. Why can we not withdraw to our bank account for free like you can in the UK.
Login to Me Too

healthywebshop
New Community Member

We have made very similar experiences. We have a monthly payment volume of 30.000 Euro via Paypal and they would only let us withdraw 800 Euro per day. Lot´s of single transactions, no complaints from customers.

Then, after numerous contacts to increase the limit to 10.000 Euro, the PayPal customer service increased the limit to, guess what - 1.200 Euro. Yes: 1.200 Euro when your daily transactional volume is around 1.000 Euro. 

Can anybody explain what´s going on? That´s just ridiculous.

We pulled the plug and do not offer Paypal anymore and now have to go into our Paypal Account to withdraw 1.200 Euro per day, 2 Euro fee per transaction, for the next 20 days, to get the remaining balance off the Paypal account to our credit card.

Just ridiculous.

I cannot recommend considering Paypal if you have a business on Malta. Just forget it, they don´t want to do business with you.

Login to Me Too

Andyoz
Contributor
Contributor

We ditched them as well and they really do not care less, we stopped in August and our turnover with PayPal per year was around 600,000 Euro and when we stopped taking payments through them no one from PayPal called to ask why. So It shows they are not interested in the business. 

Login to Me Too

varange

More stupidity from Paypal!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.