withdraw to foreign bank account

Tim-TA
Contributor
Contributor

I recently moved my business from the UK to Malta. I cannot find a way to withdraw money to a Malta bank account. UK sort codes have 6 digits, Malta has 5. I read somewhere this was not possible due to individual country laws but both UK & Malta are part of the EC.

I can recieve money into a Paypal Euro account. Why can't I transfer it into a Euro bank account?

Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

Apparition21
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Tim, So you're problem is you cant transfer money from you're Paypal to your *malta* Bank account?. I'm sure you can transfer it from your paypal to you're English account then phone up you're bank and do a international transfer. Ringing Paypal would be faster to help you get you're problem solved.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You can't add a non UK bank account to a UK paypal account.

Paypal is country specific and if you are in Malta you need to open another paypal account over there.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Tim-TA
Contributor
Contributor

Easier said than done. The sign up doesn't allow a foreign address. I tried going through the Spanish Paypal site as I deal in Euros but this wanted to register me in a USA bank account. I have to transfer Euros to a UK bank account & transfer back to Euros for my bank in Malta. This means getting ripped off twice in exchanges. If anyone knows how I can open a new Paypal account for Malta I would appreciate knowing.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dian

Hi Tim-TA, 

Thank you for posting in our Community. 

If your business is in Malta you can open an account there and add the address that you have in Malta to that PayPal account. In order to withdraw the funds that you receive in that account you would need to have a Visa card that is set up in Malta. When you have this you can recieve money and withdraw this in Malta.  This would be the best and cheapest option :). 

If there are any issues let us know here and we can help you further. 

Dian

Login to Me Too

Tim-TA
Contributor
Contributor

I have opened a new account in Malta & put my Maltese address in but it keeps wanting me to add a US bank account.

Login to Me Too

ukeaglesfan
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem. I have opened a Maltese PayPal account but it won't let me link a Maltese bank account, just a US one which is useless. How can I transfer funds in my PayPal account to my Maltese bank?!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

Hi ukeaglesfan,

Welcome to the Community Forum! Sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with adding your bank.

Our system is country specific, so the withdrawal capabilities for each region may differ slightly. In your case, rather than adding your Maltese bank directly, you will need to add a debit card issued by Visa to withdraw your funds.

If you have any further issues with this, please let me know

Sophie

Login to Me Too

Rockdrick
New Community Member

Hello Sophie,

Where can one find information per country. I have two accounts, on in the US and one in Uruguay.

I´d like to know what solution I could use for withdrawing money from my uruguayan, either from my bank there or BoA.

In Uruguay I have VISA credit card, and VISA debit card. In BoA I have VISA Credit and Mastercard Debit.

Thank you very much!

Rodrigo.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

Hi Rockdrick,

Welcome to the Community Forum!

I have researched this for you, and I can confirm that with a Uruguayan PayPal account, you have the option of withdrawing either to a Visa card, or by cheque. You should see all available options when you click on the 'Withdraw' option when logged into your account.

I would advise contacting Customer Support for your region if you have any further questions or concerns regarding this. You can find our contact details by clicking on 'Contact Us' at the bottom of any page when logged in.

Thanks!

Sophie

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.