why do refunds to my account now take 5 to 7 days ?

acetankman
Contributor
Contributor
hi all Paypal are really beginningnto completely f me off I paid for an item and agreed with seller its was not quite right so we agreed a refund The seller has refunded .... Buy why ..why will it take paypal 7 days to refund it back to my paypal account It takes senconds to senf funds out there for it should take seconds to bloody return it It this once again paypal useing my moneynto earn interest ? It a total pixx take Join the campain for fair honest paymens and rerundsnand withdraws to our hights st banks .... ebay should be band or fined here in europe form only lett you use it of only you have a paypal account ....we all know its one compeny ...
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_lucy

Hey there acetankman,

When a payment is taking 5-7 working days to clear it means it’s coming from a bank account, either yours or the sellers.

If it’s coming from yours then it will be 5-7 working days from the date you sent the payment. When the payment is funded by your bank account, PayPal pay your seller instantly on your behalf and then PayPal waits the 5-7 working days to get the funds from your bank account. You will see the funds leaving your bank account about 2-3 working days after the payment has been sent.

Should the seller issue the refund before PayPal has received the funds from your bank account then you will have to wait the full 5-7 working days for the funds to clear from your bank account into your PayPal balance.

If you used your card or PayPal balance to make the payment and its showing 5-7 working days for the refund to clear this means the seller didn't have enough in the PayPal balance to issue the refund and the funds have been requested direct from their bank account. This will mean you have to wait 5-7 working days from the date of the refund.

I hope this helps. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.