Withdrawing money to my bank account pending review

djslapper
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have just tried to withdraw money to my bank account which I have done hundreds of times before without any problems but this time it says its pending under review by paypal.

I telephoned and someone told me there's nothing wrong with my account and maybe transferred within the next 2 hours.

I have checked my account and nothing has gone and and is still showing as pending!!!

Anyone help!????

Login to Me Too
80 REPLIES 80

CaillechCalitri
Contributor
Contributor

Why does my app advise me that funds will be in my account in 2 hours, but then PayPal contradict their own statement by saying it may take 72 hours? It's terrible service. I already waited days for the funds to be released and available, what's the latest hold up? Who compensates us for the time you hold our money?

Login to Me Too

Ellicemoran
Contributor
Contributor
Is there any way I'd be able to make the payment go through faster? Certain cirmumstances or situations that would possibly effect the time the payment goes through ..
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ellicemoran

Sadly not  Smiley Sad

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Anna71
Contributor
Contributor

Hello I withdraw my money a couple of days ago please could you advise as to when i should be receiving this in my bank please

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Carlos

Hello Anna71! Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal Community! If you have initiated a withdrawal, this can take anything from 2 – 72 hrs to complete through the PayPal system. Generally they will complete within 2 hours however we will occasionally hold a withdrawal for further review. To provide one of the safest online payment services our internal security system reviews every transaction before it's released. Once our review has finished your withdrawal will show as ‘completed’ and will be processed to your bank account as long as the review did not turn up any issues. - Hope this helps. - Carlos 

Login to Me Too

Mady90
Contributor
Contributor
Well waiting for MY money to arrive my bank acc since the 18th. I'm so uppset i won't use paypal anymore. This is annoying
Login to Me Too

Jesslouise
Contributor
Contributor
Hi why is it taking longer than 72 hours for my funds to be transferred into my bank? I have never had this problem before why is it pending for so long? It usually comes into my bank straight away!
Login to Me Too

HGTyke
New Community Member

Hi

You shouldn't be chuffed by getting your funds in 24 hours.  You should be angry with Paypal.  They are now being forced by the EU to offer the EU Fast Payment scheme used by most banks and should be providing the service within 2 hours.  So 24 hours is really appalling and unacceptable and we should report them to the EU authorities as they are hanging on to money for much longer than they should.  Do no accept from them that it is the fault of the banks.  It is not.  It is Paypal not complying with EU regaulations.

Login to Me Too

HT5353
Contributor
Contributor

I've also had similar problems.

Last week, made 2 withdrawals of around £300 each. Amazingly both reached my bank account within 10 minutes, even before the email from paypal arrived to notify me of the withdrawl !

But something has changed over the weekend, Sunday evenings withdrawl took 24 hours pending before arriving and today's withdrawl looks like going the same way. So, Faster withdrawl actually means 24 - 26 hour withdrawl for most people.

I called paypal to discuss it with the business team, and was told it is for security reasons, and was given the example that if , for instance your account was hacked, somebody could clear out your balance ,more or less, instantly using the faster payment system, so the 24 hour pending is for our security as customers !!

I asked the representative if this would happen with each and every withdrawl, and they would not confirm this, but said that the frequency of reviews are being stepped up considerably.

So, there you are - Faster Payments ? I don't think so............

Login to Me Too

bodyworkzone
Contributor
Contributor

Check here: http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/product_news/banking/banking_conduct_regulation/inde...

"Speeding up payments – transferring money electronically from one account to another person’s account, including the payment of bills, will have to be completed by close of business the next day. However, until 1 January 2012 this can be extended to the third working day, as long as this has been agreed between you and the payment service provider."

So if the money is not in your account by the end of the next working day Paypal are breaking the law.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.