Withdraw request under review

angel58

Am so fed up with Paypal, this is the third time in 3 weeks that they have held up my withdrawal of funds.  No reason given, no apologies.  I understand the fraud prevention reasoning, but the account name & number hasn't changed so why do they need to keep doing this.  The last two occasions it took 5 days for the money to go into my account. Am going on holiday shortly and want the money for my spending.....................this is my money !!  Maybe I'll ask my e-bay customers to pay by cheque then at least I know I will get MY money.

Login to Me Too
79 REPLIES 79

FrillyFrog
Contributor
Contributor

Withdrawal  from last night still 'pending',  just made another now and it's the same. 

I've never had this in nearly 10 years of dealing with Paypal, now it's every withdrawal.  I think it's really shoddy and shows nothing but contempt for it;s customers. 

Login to Me Too

films1
New Community Member

This is happening all the time since faster Payments were introduced , now the cynicism in me has arrived at the conclusion that paypal just want to hang on to our money for interest purposes i.e so they make money ... due to the fact that people are having immediate wiithdrawals ... this contravenes european legislation for money transfers ... I know i work for a high street bank .... GET IT SORTED PAYPAL !!!

Login to Me Too

england5
Contributor
Contributor

I have been a long standing customer and twice in 2 days my withdrawal has gone for review. I am not happy, I have never changed accounts or had any trouble with paypal.It is just an excuse to hold on to customers money a bit longer.

NOT PLEASED... AT ALL !!

Login to Me Too

Zwixy
Contributor
Contributor

Ridiculous 🙂 Taking advantage of the little man yet again. 2 of my transactions had it in a row... And there's obviously no real security check as another friend of mine with an online shop is getting it with most of his transactions all day too (and he's been trading for 4 years) Only started happening after they had to be faster in their payments.

And every time it says x amount of time it will take EXACTLY that long.. Come on.. at least be creative 🙂

They're **bleep**ing us over and laughing in our face 🙂 

Login to Me Too

shanecee

I have been useing paypal for over 1 year.When i transfer funds to my bank,it goes in within 4 hours!

The last few days,they are holding on to my money,pending!!!

When i go to transfer in to bank...They say it will take 2 hours!!!!!!!!!! But the last few days it takes 2-5 days.

After reading on here,people are having the same problem.

Yous are all correct.   The longer paypal hold on to our money.They are making money them selfs.

Paypal make enough from the very very high fees,and take these fees even before a payment sent to us have cleared.

PAYPAL STAFF...

GET SOME ONE ON THIS FOURUM TO EXSPLAIN TO ALL US FRUSTRATED PEOPLE

And EXSPLAIN WHY YOUS DO THIS.

YOUS WILL LOSE CUSTOMERS!!!

PS just thought id write this to take my mind off SLOWPAL paypal

HAHA

Login to Me Too

rogeriolopes
Contributor
Contributor

How on earth you get your'e money in hours in the bank with paypal,all my withdraws toke at least 3 working days, i never had the money in my account in lesser then 3 days after i request to withdraw.

And now i got this message:

At PayPal, our primary concern is making sure that your money is secure. We do this by routinely reviewing some transactions. We’ve placed your withdrawal under review and this will last for up to 1 business day. If it passes our review, we’ll release it and the regular withdrawal timeframe will then take effect. If we can’t release it for any reason, we’ll contact you.

We appreciate your patience while we review your withdrawal.

This is not fair as they keep our money when we most need it i'm on social welfare and i need all the money i can get.sppecialy when it's mine.

Login to Me Too

ohana
Contributor
Contributor

Mine's exactly the same and I'm getting really cheesed off with it!!!  I've been a Paypal user for at least 10 years and since this new immediate withdrawal system has come into place the only withdrawal I have received immediately was the very first one and I thought WOW this is really cool and helpful and efficient.  Boy have Paypal made me eat my words.  Every withdrawal since has been PENDING UNDER REVIEW - in fact I curently have two still pending!  The majority of withdrawals have been less than £100 always done using the SAME PC .. never the Paypal app and my bank account details have NOT changed in years so I have no idea what the hold up is ALL THE TIME!  As it is they charge you a percentage of what comes in as their fees and now it truly does seem that's not enough for them that now they hold onto your money longer 'pending review' to get MORE money from us via interest.  PAYPAL THIS IS NOT ON.  Either SORT IT OUT or give us some LEGITIMATE reason for the continuous delays!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

jaglover
Contributor
Contributor

we have four or five withdrawals pending right now.  Our view has been that, since there is an unspecified delay going on we should withdraw everything that comes in to Paypal as soon as it arrives, even if that mean executing a withdrawal every half an hour.

Login to Me Too

sunnychick1
New Community Member

Yes this **bleep** this is the first time this has happened to me and if Paypal promised instant withdrawals then that is what we should have. I too am using the same computer I always do and the same account, nothing has changed, so SORT IT OUT PAYPAL. I withdrew less than £30. Don't take the p**s and keep our money to earn interest on it, pay us OUR money that you have ALREADY taken commission on.

Login to Me Too

mikeyp1971
Contributor
Contributor

I've just spoken to Paypal and the woman all but admitted that the holding of payments was to compensate for the fact that faster payments was now in regulation. She kept going on about me having the funds in 72 hours so that to me says that there is no security review, but in fact an automated hold that will simply become unheld after this 72 hours. It really is scandalous but then what can you do?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.