Shipping refund request pending for over 3 weeks, what to do...

menagerefrannco
Contributor
Contributor

Trois-Rivières

Québec, Canada

Friday, January 12th, 2018

I  have currently pending "Shipping on Us"  case with Pay Pal I did ask for a refund for shipping cost of $12.33 Canadian dollars  on Thursday December 28th (the day that the package was returned to the seller in England) and today is Friday January 12th, 2018.

It is STILL written (as you can see by the below picture)

UNDER REVIEW

I had another case , another package also returned to England, on the same date - December 28th - 2017, and it was refunded in within 5 days.

Now, Pay Pal is trying NOT to give me this second refund (the one that has been pending for since December 27th - 2017), saying that it was not sent out with a tracking number (way too expensive to do!), that it was to me to pay the return shipping cost, etc...

They are  very wrong - only because the other request that was solved within 5 days was EXACTLY THE SAME, the package was NOT returned with a tracking number, I jsut sent pictures of the package and of the receipt and it was very quickly resoved.

So if they did refund me within 5 days after I had submitted my request,  they can do it for a second one, especially since both cases are exaclty the same thing.

BOTH   packages were for wrong CDs sent.

BOTH packages were returned without any tracking number

EACH package was sent back to England, naturally to different sellers in different cities.

BOTH packages were shipped on Thursday, December 28th, 2017

BOTH requests for refunds were made about 2 hours later, so on the very same day.

BOTH requests included very clear pictures of the receipts and packages, showing my address (top left of the packages) and the addresses of the 2 sellers) .

EACH package did cost me $12.33 in Canadian dollars to ship back to the sellers.

EACH package would have cost me $48.13 to ship it back with a tracking number.

One of the 2 package ‘s case is STILL pending, and this, since December 28th 2017 , so as of today, it has been 16 days since I’ve made my request for a refund, far from their “promised 5 days after submitting a refund request”, wouldn’t you say?

NOTE: Someday, Pay Pal will have to realise that returning goods can be very costly for buyers to return...

You want to do it - ship back to the seller with a tracking number for packages, letters, etc.. in order to "please" Pay Pal, only to show your good will to them, etc...

But just search the Web for thisL  "Pay Pal horror stories".

You will read posts / stories from buyers who had to return very small things like - for example - one single CD from the United States to Japan, and it did cost them over $100 to ship the good back to the seller, this is, with a tracking number. Only to get refunded by the maximum that Pay Pal currently gives back (IF they decide to give it back, NOT SURE AT ALL that they will!) of $30 .

Either Pay Pal will have to someday - find another way but to force people to ship with tracking numbers, due to their so very high costs to buyers, or they will have to reimburse COMPLETELY the shipping costs, if they do force and want for buyers to return goods with a tracking number.

Or accept that package are tobe sent out WITHOUT any tracking numbers, and believe the sellers when they will write to Pay Pal that - indeed - the packages have arrived back to them.

In my case, returning a CD to England with a tracking number would have cost me exactly $48.13 (Canadian dollars) , Pay Pal would (not sure, it is NOT promised, rememer?) a maximum of $30, so I would lose $17.13.

NO WAY !!!!!

I do not intend to lose a single cent (penny) on the $12.33 that I paid to ship the package back (it was a CD, that was not the CD I had ordered).

That is why I'm fighting over the request for $12.33 (Canadian dollars).

DO NOT GIVE UP - Here in Québec, you can file a complaint for Pay Pal to take a decision when it exceeds 5 days of waiting to L'office de la Protection du Consommateur, which is part of the Québec Provincial Government to help buyers and sellers to resolve problems in transactions made out between each party.

In my case, I had written Pay Pal 2 days ago (so, on Wednesday, January 10th) that I would call the Office, indeed, I did, yesterday, they advised me to give Pay Pal one last chance to make a decision and - hopefully - reimburse me for the shipping return fees of $12.33 Canadian dollars that I did request on December 28th, 2017, and then, if they do not make a decision (it has been much more than their "promised 5 days"  after I had requested them for this $12.33 refund in Canadian dollars, as it is stipulated here on the Pay Pal web site)  give them 10 opened days and then, if the case is still pending, file a claim with the Office.

I wrote to them this morning that what l’Office had told me to do, and to tell Pay Pal that once again (I sent everything to them at least 5 times, the pictures of the receipt, the package, etc...both via this web site but also via Facebook (private messages) but that this would be the final time that I would try to resolve this case before submitting a formal complaint to get a decision from them, and hopefully, my $12.33 back with the help of the Office.

Pictures:

1 - I just took this picture - see the date of December 28th - 2017 at the left and if you take a look at the bottom right, it is written on my computer today's date, January 12th, 2018.

2 -  The receipt showing very clearly the date (December 28th, 2017) and the amount (circled) of $12.33 Canadian dollars. The receipt is from Canada Post (you can see the words Canada Post on the receipt also) .

$Keith Hathrell refund request - December 28th - 2017.JPG      

PICTURE 2:

Keith Hathrell - shipping fund requested on December 28th - 2017 and still not given on January 12th - 2018.JPG      

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@menagerefrannco

Sorry can't wade through that large block of text.

Try posting it on your own forum.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.