Paying with Paypal - Adding funds...

sleepingbeauty
New Community Member

Hi all, hope someone can help.

I had a basic paypal account and have upgraded to a premier. I know I will sound a little daft but does this mean I no longer need to mess about adding funds to my paypal balance? I wanted to make my account like my uncle's - he never needs to add funds money is simply debited straight from his bank balance. I have a bank account that I transfer funds from already on my account - is this enough to do as my uncle does? Or am I missing something? I don't want to try buying anything if its not going to work.

Hope someone can help me...

Laura

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_paula

Hi sleepingbeauty,

I am sorry for the long response but I taught it best to give you all the information I have.

You can add money to your PayPal account balance from your bank account. It takes approximately 5 to 7 working days for the money to post to your account.

You don’t need to have money in your PayPal account to send a payment. You can send money directly from a bank account, a credit card, or a debit card.

You may send payments to anyone with an email address using the following payment methods:

• PayPal Balance (Instant)
• Instant Bank Transfer (Instant)
• Debit or Credit card (Instant)
• eCheque (takes 5 - 7 working days)

1. Balance:

• Transfer to recipient occurs immediately
• If you have more than one positive currency balance, the entire amount will be funded from the selected currency.
• If the balance used to send the payment is insufficient, it may default to another currency balance depending on the amount of
funds available.

2. Instant Bank Transfer:

To perform an instant transfer from your bank account, you must have a debit card or credit card added to your PayPal account.

• Transfer to recipient occurs immediately
• If the amount in your PayPal balance is sufficient to fund the entire payment your bank account will not be used.
• To use Instant Bank Transfer, you must have added and confirmed your bank account to your PayPal account.

3. Debit/Credit Card:

• The transfer occurs immediately
• If the amount in your PayPal balance and/or bank account is sufficient to fund the entire payment your credit card will not be used.

4. eCheque:

A transfer from your bank account. A credit or debit card or secondary bank account is not required for backup.
• This method of transferring money is NOT immediate.
• eCheque payments takes 5 - 7 working days to complete. This time frame refers to the completion of the entire transfer, not simply the time it takes for funds to be debited from the bank.
• When you send money by eCheque, PayPal will debit your bank account for the full payment amount, regardless of your PayPal account balance.

I hope this helps

Paula

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.