PayPal Credit

festja
New Community Member

I am looking to use PayPay credit to purchase and Apple Watch via apple.co.uk but I have been refused. I do not have the best credit. So this is probably why. My father has then attempted with his PayPal account and has also been declined. My father has excellent credit. Could you please advise why someone with good credit would get refused for PayPal Credit?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

PayPal_paula

Hi festja,

Welcome to the PayPal community forum. New members are always welcome.

If you have been declined you should receive an email  with more information about why your application for PayPal Credit was unsuccessful.This should explain a little more as to why.

Thanks for posting

Paula

Login to Me Too

Ky2312
New Community Member

I am having the same issue, Im looking to purchase a Ipad Air 2 from Apple Via Paypal Credit and Its just declining me... I have receieved the email with why but to bw honest its not very clear and doesnt help at all... It basically just says I havent passed the automatic system which doesnt make any sense to me...

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi Ky2312,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

I’m sorry to hear this.

Have you considered calling our PayPal Credit team: 08003687155? They will be able to review your account and provide you with more details.

Hope it helps 🙂

Anna

Login to Me Too

Slimjm
New Community Member

I've just been refused Paypal Credit too but i know that I have an Excellent Credit History. Maybe you need to take a look at your systems. Your loss as I have just made the purchase through another provider & with a better rate.  

Login to Me Too

David_ker
Contributor
Contributor
What provider
Login to Me Too

klop86
Contributor
Contributor

Same here, I have a creat credit score. I don't think I could answer the credit questions any better (all questions were honest :-)) but still got an email saying it's been declined. On the website howerver it said that there was a problem with submitting my application. I tried again straight away but apparently you only have 3 tried before it locks you out for 90 days. It feels strange. It's either the messaging that's very poor or there's something wrong with your automated underwriting mechanics. 

When I spoke with a person from PayPal he told me that he can't reveal any of the information because PayPal are not authorised to view any of this stuff so waiting on the line for 10min was kind of a waste of time. He did tell me that it's definitelly not due to my Credit score. The purchase I wanted to make was £2,100.00 would that have anything to do with it? If so, it would be great to see some error / messages explaining it. 

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Jack12345
New Community Member

I have an experian credit rating of 999 which is the best yiu can get and it refused me too lol 

Login to Me Too

Farcetboy
New Community Member

I'm having the same problems as others on here, good credit rating, my monthly income exceeds my outgoings and still refused, I did not even get an email as promised 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Farcetboy,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

There are a number of things that we look at as part of the application process. For more information, call PayPal Credit Customer Service on 0800 368 7155.

Our hours of service:
Monday to Friday 8am to 8.30pm
Saturday and Sunday 8am to 6.30pm

They will be able to look at the process for you and provide you with advice.
Rachael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.