I need advice ASAP

Kelly777
Contributor
Contributor
PLEASE READ THE WHOLE THING I opened up my own business over a year ago, I then decided to expand it by offering services online, by doing this I decided to use pay pal to make it easier **bleep**, the first week this happened I was on the phone with pay pal every other day trying to find out what I had to do. I kept asking my employee to provide me with the informed consent form and the receipt and email confirmation we always send to clients. She kept dodging the subject and said that it was an error on pay pals end. She also told me she spoke with all of our clients and none of them had made a charge back. Within a few weeks, I had 10 charge backs, and they are continuing. I had to go to the extent to ask my lawyer to look into it because pay pal said these customers said they were unauthorized charges....my lawyer got a hold of one client and found out that this client never heard of me or my company. This was extremely confusing at first. We then found out these people were not receiving any of our services and claimed that they were speaking to a psychic woman who took their credit card information and then over charging them. The problem was all the credit cards from these customers were the ones on my account. I then realized that all of these customers were not mine they were ones brought on by my employee. She left without any word, no text, nothing. My lawyer advised me to go to her house and see if she would be willing to explain herself and sign a document admitting the fraud (it was either that or I was going to have her arrested ) I went to her house, she was gone, door was opened garbage all over. I had a neighbor contact the owner of the property who then informed me she was behind her rent and he didn't even knew she left. Needless to say, I am stuck and all of these charge backs keep coming in. I spoke to a representative the other day about what to do and I kept getting transferred and then disconnected. My lawyer has given me a **bleep** because I can't technically file this as fraud on my part because no one stole my information, she was my employee, she did charge these people under my business name but they never knew that. Once they saw an over charge from my business name, they claimed they never authorized it because to them she was (psychic lady) and then by the time all of this caught up, she had taken out the money for payroll, got a commission from me and an hourly! So I basically paid her while she was **bleep** me. I need help and I need it fast.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kelly777

Edit and add some paragraphs.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.