How can we protect our selves from no shows

mumabumble
New Community Member

We run a very small guest house and have just had three people who booked accommodation for the same day that they the accommodation, or the following day. We normally ask for a 20% deposit to secure the room and to protect us from no shows. However these three people said that they did not have internet access so could not pay the deposit, so we agreed that we would let the room to them but they had to pay on arrival. We turned away bookings for these rooms and these people did not show up which meant we lost money not only on buying in supplies, but also because we could have re let the rooms.

We would like to take peoples credit card details to secure the accommodation and also to protect us from no shows. If they do not turn up, If they do not have access to a computer to pay for their accommodation, are we allowed to use our Paypal account to use their credit card details to process the payment. and if not how can we get round this?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

classy-diva
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You can only get around it by only letting rooms to people who pay the deposit via PayPal or other means i.e a cheque. If they do not pay a deposit then do not secure the room simple.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.