Am not allowed to add a second Natwest Account.

mikebeecham
New Community Member

Hi Guys...wonder if you can help.

I've been using PayPal for a couple of years now, hooked into my current account. My circustances have now changed, and I would like the funds to be withdrawn to another Natwest account. 

However, when I try to set up the account, PayPal tells me I cannot, and that I have to try a different Bank Account (I'm assuming a different bank completely). How can I resolve this, since I no longer want the fund withdrawn to my Natwest current account.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
60 REPLIES 60

ab55
New Community Member

I am having a similar problem for 3 weeks and have been asked to put in the name of a different Bank. I only have one bank account so I am stuck with money building up in payPal and I can't get it out.

Login to Me Too

I'm having the same problems it just comes up saying that it can't link to my account, I only have 1 account so I don't see what the problem is. Can anyone help??

Login to Me Too

deHaaff
New Community Member

Hi,

Having the same problem as everyone else in this thread. I used to have another paypal account years ago but cancelled it for reasons I cannot remember sice this was years ago. At least I thought I had, I imagine that's why I'm being told I can't link my bank account to another paypal account. 

As I said, this was a long time ago and I can't remember the log in details. How can I get round this?

Login to Me Too

Ashizzle
New Community Member

I was at the stage of verifying my bank account where I was waiting for the two small deposits to be made into my account. Expecting it to take 2-3 days, I was getting a bit impatient by the 5th day and they finally made it into my account 5 days later (today).

However, while I was waiting for the payments to be made, I went on my online banking and cancelled the direct debit to PayPal (hoping this might do something...). Well, it did do something. Logging into PayPal, I was asked to re-enter my bank details but when I tried to put them in again, it said that I couldn't link the bank account to any more PayPal accounts - and now that the two small deposits have gone into my account, I can't verify my bank account and can't use PayPal at all because I only have the one bank account!

Any suggestions?

Login to Me Too

Kloofnek
Contributor
Contributor

Hi.

I,too,am having a problem with the bank account con firmation.I am actually trying to add a new card,never had trouble doing this before,but this time it keeps asking me to "ger verified" which led to my engtering banks details.It then asks me to put in two deposits that PayPal has entered into my bank account...but...iI cannot enter one of the amounts cos one can only put 2 digits,the sum is £6.99...how on earth do I manage that.????

Have you got to that stage and how did you do it?

Login to Me Too

moizster111

yes paypal thats what exactly happens to me when it says error please link a different bank account or fax us a copy ive never seen that too will you please fix that for me thanks

Login to Me Too

brankin
Contributor
Contributor

getting sick of this now, i try email paypal and i get random answers that not evan related to what im asking.

I had this account for few years now. but 1 day my debit card expired so i got a new.

I add the new details and ever since i try to withdraw it says my bank account already exists.

They more than happy to take my money when needed.

I've had to send money to a friend to take it out.

Life be so much easier if the money was sent to MY ACCOUNT!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Try taking your bank account off your paypal account and then adding it again.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

brankin
Contributor
Contributor

it says i have no bank account on there. All it says is i need to add a bank account. I try that and it just says already exists on paypal.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi mikebeecham, 

It sounds like your bank account may be registered to another PayPal account. It also could be that the account you are adding is a savings account which are not recommended for use on PayPal. 

If you continue to receive the error message I would recommend contact us by phone so they can run a search on your details. This will help to locate any account that your bank account may be registered to and they can assist you in removing the bank account. 

I hope this helps and thanks for posting.

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.