Wrong delivery address being used with iPhone app ebay orders

RaggyDan
New Community Member

I'm having a nightmare with the wrong delivery address being selected when I place orders via ebay and pay with PayPal. I often send birthday presents directly to the recipients by adding their address when I checkout on eBay.  The problem I have is that in subsequent orders that are meant to be sent to my home address, the previous address I used is automatically selected without my knowledge.  My 6 year old nephew is going to be receiving a garden bench cushion for his birthday!

I don't have this issue when using eBay/PayPal on my computer - it's only when I use the iPhone app.  Can anyone how I can stop this happening?

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

seashell123
Contributor
Contributor

Yep having exactly the same problem, what is it with this iphone app? At least it's a relief to read Raggydan's posting and see it's not just me-when  using the iphone ebay app items get delivered to an address that I stayed at temporarily 5 years ago which doesn't even appear on my current  ebay or  paypal details- so I can't delete it! Funny thing is the purchase confirmation email from paypal for the item says it is being shipped to my usual home address. All works fine when I buy items on my main computer so it's definitely something to do with the app. Ebay customer support don't seem to have any idea how to tackle this.

I would love to fix this- any ideas out there?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi there guys,

I can only imagine how frustrating this must be for you both. We can have any of the previous gift addresses removed from your PayPal accounts if you wish so that this will prevent this issue from happening in future.

What you would need to do is try and contact customer services directly in order for us to investigate it further on your behalf. We can then have any of the other addresses removed from your accounts for you so that your items will not be sent to any wrong addresses in future.

We would also be able to forward the details to our technical team who can investigate this further on your behalf as this may be a technical issue that is causing your items to be sent to the wrong postal addresses.

I hope this information helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

majuz_mcr
New Community Member

It also happens with android app !!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi guys,

Another thing with the iphone and android applications is that you don't have the ability to do as many things on your PayPal account as you would be able to do from your home computer.

I realise that you may not wish to contact PayPal directly but even if you send us a quick email from your PayPal account with the addresses that you would like to be removed, we can have these addresses removed from your accounto on your behalf.

I hope this helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

seashell123
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks David for the suggestion to email  and request removal of the wrong address. I've sent a specific request  to Paypal twice now through my account and each time get a  computer generated reply listing 8 standard procedures for account changes.  This is not helpful as I can't locate the rogue address in my profile. Any suggestions on how to actually get in touch with Paypal customer services??

Meanwhile Ebay mobile have been very helpful. They did some test auctions and identified that, when using the iphone app, the buyer was getting a different address when printing out a mailing label than was listed in the paypal paid invoice sent to me. They reckon this was happening at the Paypal end of things.

The app has been upgraded recently and time will tell whether or not this has been fixed. Of course it's impossible to know until goods arrive at the correct address,or not, which doesn't inspire confidence in using either ebay or paypal. I'd prefer to have the rogue address deleted from my Paypal account.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi guys,

To be honest, it is a very simple process for customer services to have these old addresses removed from your account for you. I don't know why you have not received a sufficient response from customer services in regards to your query. If you would like to try contacting customer servies, you can click on the Contact Us link and then you have two options, Call Us or Email Us.

If you would like to try calling us directly, it could assist us in getting this resolved a lot sooner on your behalf.

I hope this helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

mwhitby1985
New Community Member
The annoying thing is that I have set my home address on the full paypal website but my iPhone app still isn't updated. I don't want to ring the Paypal team and waste my time, I just want the addresses on my full paypal account added to my iPhone eBay app. Why do companies make simple things so difficult? A company as big as paypal should be able to get this sorted in an afternoon and put an update on the app for us instead of us going to the hassle of contacting there 'technical team' Sorry for the rant but they have the cheek to take money from us when we sell stuff so surely that money should supply us with some sort of service? Let me know when I can add and delete address on my iPhone eBay app. Thanks Mike
Login to Me Too

egarella
Contributor
Contributor

what a lovely concept.  call customer service and we will fix it for you.  Have you ever tried to call your own customer service line?  There is no human.  There seems to be no way to get past the menus and the automated replies.  A question of this complexity is reduce to "change your profile" or something else that is unhelpful. 

I am having the same problem - my orders are being sent to a colleague whose address I entered for a (presumably) ONE TIME GIFT. 

My efforts on the mobile application, on the computer, and on the customer "help" line have wasted over an hour with no resolution in sight.  A seller is sending a rather expensive item to my colleague, because he must send to the address "linked" to the account.  This will cost me and my colleague a heap more of wasted time. 

I will avoid paypal from now on as much as possible, given your apparent monopoly control of these services.  Hopefully an enterprising law firm will take you on soon. 

Login to Me Too

craigf
Contributor
Contributor

So glad to hear I'm not the only one.... after numerous emails alluding to the fact it is my fault....very frustrating indeed...

Has left me concerned over future transactions using my apps.

To read the emails I've received you would think I'm the only person this has happened too rather than a known issue.

Sorry to have a little rant but it would seem the email support either aren't aware of this issue or trained to ignore..

Currently have 4 packages in transit to a previous address... causing me major inconvenience.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.