Personal Details on Acknowledgement.

IvorMills
Contributor
Contributor

I have just opened an account to receive donations from individuals towards the running costs for our gaming Clan.

On doing a test transaction the acknowledgement the donator receives not only the name of the Clan, but my personal name and address. As this account will receive worldwide donations from individuals not personally known to us, I would prefer that this information is not displayed, the Clan name and the email being sufficient.

Can this information be removed from acknowledgements for privacy reasons?

Thank you

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Only if you are a UK registered business and opened a business account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

IvorMills
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I have registered a UK business account, how do i remove my personal details?

Thank you

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

How do I change the name of my Business on my PayPal account?

To change the name of your business:

1. Log in to yourPayPal account.
  2. Click Profile near the top of the page.
  3. In the 'Business Details' section, click Update.
  4. Click Change Name.
  5. Select Business Name Change (business name) and click Continue.
  6. Enter your business name and click Continue.
If you added a bank account before you change your business name, you should remove the bank account and add it again to ensure the names on your PayPal account and bank account are the same.

If you don’t use PayPal to conduct business, you can change your account to an account for personal use.

To change the contact name on a business PayPal account:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Profile near the top of the page.
  3. In the 'Name' section, click Update and follow the instructions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

IvorMills
Contributor
Contributor

I think you have misunderstood my original question, I do not wish to change my business name, I just wish to remove my peronal details, my own name, not my business name and my personal address from appearing on the acknowlegement of payment that someone who donates recieve. 

At the moment., the buisness name appears on the reciept, but also at the bottom, my own name and private address, this is what I want to remove.

Thank you

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.