Overseas move from UK to USA - how do we do this with PayPal

AZC74
New Community Member

Hi there,

We're about to start the long process of an overseas move from the UK to the US and are therefore interested in moving our account from .co.uk to .com. We're actually going to be running an commerce business in the US, so it will need to be a business account paying USDs in our US bank account. We'll also want our UK account to continue for the time being too. Any help/advice on how we go about doing this will be much appreciated!

Should this be relevant - I think we opened the account in the USA in the first place as we were living there back in 2001 and switched to .co.uk when we moved to the UK in 2002.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AZC74

Paypal is country specific so if you move country you have to open another paypal account in that country and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

You are allowed x2 Paypal accounts as long as x1 is personal and the other x1 is business. Paypal sometimes allow a second business but you have to get their permission first.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AZC74

Paypal is country specific so if you move country you have to open another paypal account in that country and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

You are allowed x2 Paypal accounts as long as x1 is personal and the other x1 is business. Paypal sometimes allow a second business but you have to get their permission first.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

AZC74
New Community Member

Thanks for your help!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.