How can I speak to a Human Being in PayPal's "customer service"????

Catbar
Contributor
Contributor

Well.....  how does one? !    Any ideas, anyone.....?

If I ring the 0800 358 7911 number - (which claims to be 'customer service' (!)) - hoping to speak to a Human Being, I find it's completely automated, and giving NO option for 'Other' or 'Something else', or the (humane) option to 'stay on the line and we'll put you through to an operator'.

I cannot find any other phone numbers for PayPal.

It seems that one cannot straightforwardly email PayPal either for help.  

I had used something calling itself a 'message centre' but couldn't work out something that looked like it might be a reply to my query (it said something like 'hello Catherine' (my name) but then seemed to be a (automated) stock response after all.

Every link that says 'Help' or 'Contact us' simply leads back to the same old FAQ style page, with options that don't apply to my particular query.

MY QUERY

My query is clearly not standard by PayPal's standards.    If anyone here can answer this I'd be really grateful!

I want to know if I can add someone else's Debit card - and possibly Bank account too - to my PayPal account.    I have Power of Attorney for my father, and have a Debit card that allows me access to his Bank account.

NOTE:  I know how to add and update cards - I just want to know if adding someone else's card is allowed.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Catbar

The bank account name has to match your paypal account name so i doubt you can add a bank account.

You may be able to add a debit card IF the billing address is the same as your paypal address.

But to speak to customer services  >>>

Ring again but this time  >> 

When you get through don't select any options just stay quiet and hang on until you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Catbar
Contributor
Contributor

Kernowlass, that sounds brilliant - I will try that 'ruse' over the phone to PayPal!     Honestly, the lengths that PP will go to to NOT connect with their users.

I think that the PoA Debit card in question might possibly match my billing address.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.