Direct Debit Woes.

Lennon_Fan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi.

I was cancelling some direct debits in my bank account and I must has cancelled the Paypal direct debit by accident.  I got an email stating that there isn't a direct debit instruction setup.  So I logged into Paypal and clicked on my bank account clicked 'complete setup', followed that and thought that but I didn't get a confirmation email or anything.  So I read online that if you delete your bank account and re-submit you should be able to setup the direct debit properly.  So that is what I did and during that process Paypal sent me a 4 digit code to my bank account and I which I confirmed in Paypal. 

Great I thought everything is setup now!  Wrong.  I have now got another email asking me to confirm the 4 digit code with Paypal (which I did yesterday!) and when I look at my bank account in Paypal is says 'complete setup' for direct debit still!

What should I do?  I don't want to do this multiple times and trigger something with my bank or mess something up.  Does the bank take a few days to sort this out?

Please advise.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Lennon_Fan
Contributor
Contributor

DOES NO ONE FROM PAYPAL LOOK AT THESE POSTINGS?  FOR GODS SAKE YOU GUYS RAKE IN 1/2 A BILLION IN PROFITS YET HAVE NO ONE LOOKING AT THE FORUMS AND RESOLVING ISSUES.

MY BANK ACCOUNT WILL NOT RELINK TO PAYPAL AND I NEED IT FIXING PLEASE!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi @Lennon_Fan,

Apologies for the delay, since removing and re-adding the bank account please check to make sure no information has changed such as your name or the billing address linked to the bank account. Secondly, if you have had any failed bank transfers since re-adding the bank account, this could cause the bank direct debit mandate to be cancelled. You may need to remove and re-add the bank account again, however, I would advise that a bank can only be added to PayPal 3 times in the lifetime of the bank account and then it becomes disabled from our system. If you need any further help with this here is the best number to call, 0800 358 7911.

Hope this helps,

Siobhán

Login to Me Too

Lennon_Fan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi.

At last a response!

First off the bat I have an issue with my address on the PP system.  For some reason PP adds a '-1' to my address.  There seems to be no way to remove this.  I've had this '-1' on my address for 2 years and this might be way trying to re add my bank account is failing.

I'm not sure how many times I have tried to re-add my bank account now (it might be two).  I think I had better ring customer services because I do not want my bank account to be disabled from your system permanently.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Yes, please give us a call and we'll be happy to take a closer look. 

Siobhán

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.