verification

lynn2
Contributor
Contributor

It is my understanding that you can get verified in two different ways- either by your bank account or through a Paypal extras mastercard. I have tried for a week to apply for the mastercard but the site tells me that they are having "temporary difficulties" .  I don't give my bank info out to anyone so I prefer to not go that route ( it seems that all the sites that say they can't be hacked- have been hacked).  I really expected Paypal to get their 'temporary" problem fixed in less than a week. Anyone else having this problem?? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

pnwgal

You're not the only one.  I can't attach my banking information to my account, nor can I get approved for the credit card.  So at this point, I'm not sure how to resolve this.

Login to Me Too

JadedLady
Contributor
Contributor

I was able to put in the banking info, which they already had!, and then I got a missive stating that account required more inspection and to enter YET another bank account, as if we all have several, or I can use that account and fax my drivers license, and my bank statements to their fax number...  um...  I don't think so!  I'm not sure why they think they need that much information when they can verify you are you by asking you to change your password..  so, I won't be paying for that item I bought on ebay.. .I guess...    and I wont' be using paypal any longer.

Login to Me Too

lynn2
Contributor
Contributor

Yes- I find that some shopping sites are now specifying "NO PAYPAL"- they want postal money orders instead. I was able to get around giving my bank info by setting up a one time payment from my bank to my Paypal account whenever I need it. So far so good. I would hope Paypal , as part of their quality control, will read these issues in the community forum and get their act together. ,Most business entities fail if their customer service declines.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.