PayPal limits

chippy72
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, i've been a member for a year or two now with no problems, all of a sudden however i find paypal have put a sending limit on purchases, i'd be lucky to pay for a bubble of air from what i can see. I've gone through the lift limits process, no luck. I've used my visa card, my purchase list says i've paid but the seller says there's no sign of payment, and, well, i've tried everything my limited brain will allow. Even "verification" says i'm verified, but says i need to complete bank set up. Think i'll go back to postal orders, if they haven't been stopped !

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

fungusaur
New Community Member

I've been a verified Business account holder with PayPal for many years. I've been verified and confirmed. Yet, for some reason today I get a message about having limits. I need to send a photo of my DL. ok, I can do that. I need to send a Utility Bill.. I can't do that since I live with my mother who does not share the same name as me. I need to provide a mailed bank statement with my address on it. I can't do that since my bank account does not mail statements out.

I sell on Ebay, just got my TSR yesterday. I was so happy. Now I understand that my PayPal account will not be usable in 15 days? What gives?!

My DL should be enough proof that I live where I say I live. And nobody sees my mug online anyways so why the heck does it even have to be a photo ID?

But, Ebay only uses PayPal for transactions, so I guess I have to grovel at the feet of PayPal execs to try and get this resolved somehow. Maybe I can go to some utility provider around town, add something I won't use, just to get a bill that says I live there. Would that make sense? Maybe I can open another bank account and hope the monthly bill will arrive in less than 10 days to meet the requirements.

Believe me, I actually like PayPal. They have been good to me for years. But this new verification thing is stupid. Why must customers who have been verified with PayPal for years have to provide more info AND why must it be stuff I cannot provide?

Login to Me Too

milton657crew
New Community Member

hi, trying to sell some stuff on ebay. i cannot get verified though. i shread my bank statements so i cannot retrive the two amounts required to get verified. can you help please

Login to Me Too

RobTJoneS
Contributor
Contributor

Yea I think this crazy too,I have been with paypal over 10 years, This has happened to me 3 or 4 times. Paypal said my

bank account won't acept the withdrawal, but when I call the bank they tell me paypal never sent a request,so paypal

unverifies my account, got to fax,call,email them to get it reset. The last time this happened was on 11-201, it seems like it

is getting worse as the year goes on. Maybe they will read this and start to do something about it (NOT) hopefully !!!!

Will try it again and hope it lasts longer this time. GooD Luck to everyone. Yea we will need it.

Login to Me Too

Sheriloo3
Contributor
Contributor

I hav also been having issues with Paypal limiting my account.  I don't use it very often, maybe a couple times per month if that.  I have been a member for several years though and have never had any issues.  However, in the last few weeks, my account has been limited three times!!  All they ask me to do is change my password and my security questions, among a few other things, but why?!?!  I can see if there was some suspicious activity in my account, but there hasn't been any.  Anyone know what the deal is with all these limitations???  I'm getting pretty sick of redoing my whole account every week.  I appreciate their strive for security, but this is getting out of hand!!

Login to Me Too

kittygirl28
New Community Member

I am also having problems with the paypal limits though my problem is transfering funds to my checking account. My older brother and I use this so that he can send me the money for rent and its not letting me transfer money this month. The first time I did was last month and I thought it would let me again this month, but its not letting me transfer anything at all. Do I need to lift the amount limit or should I wait till the first of next month to try again?

Login to Me Too

JadedLady
Contributor
Contributor

I logged in to pay for a purchase and saw the limit thing.  Now I'm asked to send bank statements and photo ID.  Really?  I'm not faxing my ID, address, and bank statements to anyone!  They must be crazy! 

Login to Me Too

Sheriloo3
Contributor
Contributor

I'm beginning to wonder if anyone reads these posts...  I have seen a ton of people complaining about the limit issues and no one has come to offer us any reasoning behind them.  I posted a week or so ago, and have gotten another limit since.  I'm getting pretty sick of changing everything every week.  If this continues, I suppose I will have to find a different way to pay for my things and drop Paypal completely.  It's turning out to be more of a hassle than it is worth!!

Login to Me Too

JadedLady
Contributor
Contributor

I believe you are right... I saw a Mod, Andy_paypal, who was in another thread regarding fed tax ID numbers but nobody seems to care to respond to those who don't intend to fax their info..

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.