Paypal Stole my money

JJKMAN
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, so to activate my credit card, paypal is going to charge me $1.95 to get it activated. Then they are going to send me a 4 digit code with that charge. I'm thinking that it's not a big deal because I did this not too long ago and it worked! Well, Igo to check my balance and they charged the $1.95 as they said, but then I got an additional charge of $1.00 for some reason I don't know. Not only did they give me the pointless $1.00 charge but i never received my 4 digit code!!!   This is a very poor system your running here and I'm extremely dissatisfied with my experience as a paypal customer. Maybe you'll be able to identify the problem but... I doubt it.

Login to Me Too
75 REPLIES 75

PayPal_Andy

landonllc- The dollar you are referring to is basically there just so our system can make sure the card is open and valid.  Most companies use this "authorization" for this same purpose.  The good news is within a few days at most it will reverse back to the card, so you're not actually 'charged' the dollar.

Hope that helps!

Andy

Login to Me Too

shawna426
Contributor
Contributor

The same thing has happened to me in the last week or two. (I am not sure what day I put the pre-paid card onto my paypal account.) I have the $1.00 charge that is unexplained, then I had to have them send me a second 4digit code because the first one was giving me problems. When they sent me the 2nd one, they said that the 1st one would now be invalid, and to enter the 2nd code where prompted.  Well, I finally got the code, entered it where they told me to, and STILL have not received my refund.  Paypal DID charge me $1.95 TWO times since they sent me two codes, and they did charge my the unexplained $1.00. I have not been refunded for ANYTHING!  I am getting VERY irate about this, also!  Did you ever get any help or answers?  Please let them be known if so!  I am sorry to hear about your problems, also, just know that U R not alone!

Login to Me Too

kingmartell
New Community Member

On a purchase today Id41a34750nn744192a why was I charged 59cents more Why was I refused Bill Mr Later thank you.Mary Anne

Login to Me Too

jocarroll
Contributor
Contributor

I made a deposit to my paypal account on March 14 from my bank account , which did show as deposited to my paypal account but on the same day another debit show up from my bank account which does not show as deposited to my paypal account.  I only made the one transaction and am wondering why the second debit was made and where it has gone to?

Login to Me Too

Hi jocaroll

I believe you transferred money to your PayPal account first before you completed the payment? Well there's really no need for you to transfer money to your PayPal account because since PayPal promotes convenience, if you don't have the money there then the system will just automatically charge you funding source.

The money transfer from your bank to PayPal clears within a 3-5 business days period. PayPal uses ACH (Automated Clearing House) - unlike wire transfers that may take 24 hours to complete and costly - ACH is definitely free  of charge. It maky be taken out of your bank on the same day you initiated it but PayPal system won't be able to receive it yet within 3-5 business days. Probably the money is on its transit! Smiley Wink

It will clear on your PayPal Balance, and you can easily transfer the money back to your bank by clickin on "Withdraw."

Hope this helps!

Login to Me Too

jocarroll
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks!  Looks like it is all cleared up.

Login to Me Too

ukmoors
New Community Member

E Bay and Pay Pal have kept money from items that were never sold and they charged me twice several times. I have a refund coming that they also have not refunded and it has been over a week. The other money has been in limbo for over three years. They took a commission on over $2000. on an item that they know was never sold ( Maylasia ) I am out close to $350. at the very least.

I spoke to them on phone several times and was promised the money would be reverted back to my account. Never happened.

I think it is time we band together and start a class action lawsuit. Anyone want to join me ?

Login to Me Too

driveway-gates
Contributor
Contributor

I just joined paypal 2 days ago and I have not used it yet.  I was about to link my bank account and decided to look around first.  With these complaints I must ask.  Is there a similar company, better than paypal?  Do you suggest I don't use this company or is it just a $1 or two set up cost that you are all so concerned about?

Thanks for your help with these questions.  Have a nice day,

b

Login to Me Too

Hi driveway-gates!

The $1.00 preauthorization charge is just a test to see if the card is working. It is reversed usually within a matter of few minutes up to a few days. Also the $ 1.95 charge for the code is only for cards that failed the PayPal system's autamated verification proccess - usually if there's a wrong billing address linked or it has a typo, or for Gift Cards where there's no billing address where it can be verified. It's also refundable.

Your bank can also be added as a funding source and a medium to receive the funds you received from your sales.

Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

lucy1234

This problem seems so prevalent that I will use Intuit for any future transactions. I am waiting for $250.00 that seems to have disappeared into thin air. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.