Paypal Stole my money

JJKMAN
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, so to activate my credit card, paypal is going to charge me $1.95 to get it activated. Then they are going to send me a 4 digit code with that charge. I'm thinking that it's not a big deal because I did this not too long ago and it worked! Well, Igo to check my balance and they charged the $1.95 as they said, but then I got an additional charge of $1.00 for some reason I don't know. Not only did they give me the pointless $1.00 charge but i never received my 4 digit code!!!   This is a very poor system your running here and I'm extremely dissatisfied with my experience as a paypal customer. Maybe you'll be able to identify the problem but... I doubt it.

Login to Me Too
75 REPLIES 75

skweeka
Contributor
Contributor
Seems to be their modus operandi. Got three words for you and for them - class action lawsuit. They are running a plain-sight scam operation, simple as that.
Login to Me Too

temp02172011z

......and when they do this to over a million people......yup.....we need a lawsuit.  That's what happens when ebay takes over a company.  They're right up there with walmart as far as destroying retail and the chance for the middle class to make a buck when they need one.

Login to Me Too

ebbill
Contributor
Contributor

there already is a lawsuit in action.  goto www.paypal**bleep**. to get more information on how to file a claim for the gazillion dollars that the court is going to award the victims.  Oh and while you're waiting for that settlement money, I have a lovely piece of beach front property for sale that I will give you very special price.   Face it folks.  PayPal has gotten too big and they have a team of attorneys and lobbyists on their side.  They are not regulated by anyone and are certainly no insured by the FDIC but they are certainly behaving like those big ole banks that we bailed out last year, huh.  High rollers!  It will all cave in on them one day but the only way that is going to happen is to say no to PayPal.  The most loved way to send and receive money.  Who is loving them and for what reason?

Login to Me Too

LookAtThat
New Community Member

Paypal must be held accountable, just like any other business.  Report them to your credit card company as goods/services not received.  Paypal and their ugly sister eBay need a wake-up call.

Login to Me Too

db1008
New Community Member

I had the same problem! How did you get the paypal charges refunded???

Login to Me Too

joer256
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened to me, several different attempts at 1.95 to veryify account and when I got my code I was out about 6 bucks, then they refunded one 1.95. Now I paid for an item that was 112.00 had 36 in my account. They were suppose to get the remainder from my bank account. They took the full 112 out of my bank account and the 36 out of my paypal. I have online banking and I caught this quick. I contacted paypal and they said they only got 76. iIf they had gotten 76 then why is my account - 112.00. I went to the bank and spoke with them, they said paypal took 112.00. So what am I to do my bank said they took 112, but paypal said they took 76. I wouldn't care if I still had my 36 in my paypal account, But they took that too. So my purchase of 112 has ended upcosting me 148 what theives.

Login to Me Too

fire15650
Contributor
Contributor

Its amazing when you read these forums and find out how many people are either ripped off or misrepresented by paypal.... they boast about buying with confidence and totally take the side of the one doing the ripping off.... someday I bet they will be the next Enron in the news

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Hey all, lemme see if I can help you out on this topic.

JJKMAN- The $1 charges are authorizations; we essentially use those to verify that the card is open and working correctly. Many businesses use this process; pay for gas then look at your card statement later on. You'll see an authorization there too.  The good news with an authorization is it reverses within a few days at most so that will be placed back on your card (if it hasn't already).

As far as the $1.95, the four digit code appears once the charge settles in the credit card company's system.  One time I saw it be available on the same day it was charged, usually there's a day or two before the code is available. Once you complete the process, we refund the $1.95 to your PayPal balance for use on future purchases.  If there were multiple charges during the process, give us a call and we'll take care of it.  That is actually one of the easier things we can fix!

Andy

Login to Me Too

DMSD
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem and I call your customer service number and there is just a busy line always. But now my problem got worse because I have tried several times to enter my code to lift limits, which I wrote correctly, and now is that I can not use my debit card because it says it was not the correct number. I wonder what excuses they will say now?, because whenever I write an email I just answered the same. You must wait 72 hours to help. Be kind enough to give me my money? Since no one can answer the phone because the line is always busy. If I can not use the debit card I want, then I will close my account with you. Probably e-bay also will close the account.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

DMSD,

The email we send letting you know it could be 72 hours is to let you know we've received your email, and it is waiting to be answered by a representative.  It's not the final response.  As for the phone, our lines are open and definitely are not clogged.  Smiley Happy

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.