Address and Phone Verification

AntibalasHiFi
Contributor
Contributor

I moved and changed my phone number to one local to my new area. Now I cannot change either my address or phone number on paypal, because each requires a confirmation via the other. It shouldn't be this hard - my credit card is linked to my current address and phone number. I think that's secure enough. But what do I know.

Please let me know how to fix this. Thanks!

AHF

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Kevin
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome AntibalasHiFi

Hello and thank you for taking part in our community.  As part of our security measures we will at times take measures to prevent the changing of information on an account.  When a customer moves to a different part of the country this issue can come up and I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Please attempt to make your changes again and I believe you will be able to do so at this time without any further problem.  I hope your move went well and I wish you the best.

KB Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

PayPal_Kevin
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome AntibalasHiFi

Hello and thank you for taking part in our community.  As part of our security measures we will at times take measures to prevent the changing of information on an account.  When a customer moves to a different part of the country this issue can come up and I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Please attempt to make your changes again and I believe you will be able to do so at this time without any further problem.  I hope your move went well and I wish you the best.

KB Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

AntibalasHiFi
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for the help! all is fixed now.

AHF

Login to Me Too

leighc
New Community Member

I have the same issue.  I no longer have the same phone number, but have not moved.  However, in order for my Paypal account to be verified, it keeps saying that you must verify it by using the old phone number.  It's circular.  How do I verify my account and change my phone number?  Thanks for help

Login to Me Too

whitekiddi
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issue as well, except the phone number to verify is one I've never even seen, and the address is my ex's. How do I fix this? I've already verified with PayPal before, but now I can't change my address to my current one, or my phone number, or even delete this mystery one that's apparently holding all the control of my account 😞
Help!

Login to Me Too

civil
New Community Member

I also found a mystery phone number on my account during a transaction with Newegg.  This number was not present on separate Paypal login, but only on the Newegg Paypal transaction page, made me wonder about hacking and such.

Login to Me Too

TheFuzz
Contributor
Contributor

I'm on the same boat. My primary phone number is set to my current one, but the one set for account confirmation is a phone I had YEARS ago. What prompted this in the first place is because my account is riddled with issues similar to this that I just want to delete my account so I can make a new one! but it needs phone confirmation. I've moved 8 times in the past two years and have tons of phone numbers, addresses, cards, and bank accounts that I can't delete. =/ Site security should not be so tight that you can't make changes to your own account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.