access to PP Credit Card funding denies

Arthur264
Contributor
Contributor

I was trying to pay for something using my PP credit account,and didn't realize I wouldn't be offered that option when I clicked on the Pay Now link. It charged my checking account,and my checking account bounced the charge.

So I go back to try again,and change my primary funding source from my checking account to my PP credit account,and up pops a box wanting my name and SS number. I am on the phone at the time with PP customer service,and I ask him about the SS number request,and he tells me it's not PP and to close the screen. I do.

So I log in again and once more try to pay,and get a "that funding source is no longer availabe" message. It will let me pay with my checking account,but not my PP credit card account. And of course I don't have that much money in my checking account.

So I call PP for the 3rd or 4th time today about this problem and the customer service rep I get this time tells me PP security has frozen my account for security reasons,and I MAY be able to access the credit account tomrrow,or maybe not. She doesn't know.

This is one **bleep** of a way to run a train. Over 10 years with PP,and this has never happened before.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Arthur264
Contributor
Contributor

With one notable exception the customer phone reps at PP did their best to be as helpful as possible,and one kind soul took the time to email me a list of things to try that was VERY helpful.

Unfortunately "Security Lock on Your Account" seems to be the name of the PP God,and no one at PP,including the phone reps have any influence with him,or even know how to contact him. Security Lock God  contacts you if he deems you are worthy of speaking to,you do not contact Security Lock God. He,and he alone determines when to deny payments and why,and he keeps that information to himself. He is also who determines when your account becomes unlocked,and "usually does that within 10 days,but it can take longer." Security Lock God does not explain his actions to the mere mortals that keep his religion going,or even deign to communicate with them.

I now have 4 overdrawn fees at my bank due to PP continuing to charge the purchase to my checking account because Security Lock God refuses to charge the money to my credit account despite my having more credit left than the charge. He keeps trying to charge it to my bank checking account.

What nobody at PP told me was that the Security Lock only applies to that one seller. I discovered I could still use my PP credit account to buy from other sellers,so I bought the identical items from another vendor 2 days ago using my PP credit account,and it went through like it was greased. Luckily I decided to call the orginal vendor that morning to formally cancel the order,and discovered from him that he had a wire transfer of the money from PP credit,and the tools were on the truck heading my way. So I had to call the second vendor and cancel the order that went though easily or THAT order would have bounced. Luckily he immediately issued a refund or the bounced check thing would have started again.

The items are on a truck and scheduled to be delivered to me tomorrow,and I have a tracking number to prove it.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Arthur264
Contributor
Contributor

new post to put a check in the reply notification box

Login to Me Too
Solved

Arthur264
Contributor
Contributor

With one notable exception the customer phone reps at PP did their best to be as helpful as possible,and one kind soul took the time to email me a list of things to try that was VERY helpful.

Unfortunately "Security Lock on Your Account" seems to be the name of the PP God,and no one at PP,including the phone reps have any influence with him,or even know how to contact him. Security Lock God  contacts you if he deems you are worthy of speaking to,you do not contact Security Lock God. He,and he alone determines when to deny payments and why,and he keeps that information to himself. He is also who determines when your account becomes unlocked,and "usually does that within 10 days,but it can take longer." Security Lock God does not explain his actions to the mere mortals that keep his religion going,or even deign to communicate with them.

I now have 4 overdrawn fees at my bank due to PP continuing to charge the purchase to my checking account because Security Lock God refuses to charge the money to my credit account despite my having more credit left than the charge. He keeps trying to charge it to my bank checking account.

What nobody at PP told me was that the Security Lock only applies to that one seller. I discovered I could still use my PP credit account to buy from other sellers,so I bought the identical items from another vendor 2 days ago using my PP credit account,and it went through like it was greased. Luckily I decided to call the orginal vendor that morning to formally cancel the order,and discovered from him that he had a wire transfer of the money from PP credit,and the tools were on the truck heading my way. So I had to call the second vendor and cancel the order that went though easily or THAT order would have bounced. Luckily he immediately issued a refund or the bounced check thing would have started again.

The items are on a truck and scheduled to be delivered to me tomorrow,and I have a tracking number to prove it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.