Before you close your account Sorry, there's a problem. Please try again later.

alexandersim2
Contributor
Contributor

Before you close your account

Sorry, there's a problem. Please try again later.

How much later been trying several times a day for weeks, whats the score is it something specific to me in which case make the error more meaningful if it is a major issue warn people about it and give an estimated time for it being fixed.

This sort of thing and the fact I have to close my account and open a new one rather than just dropping down a list and chosing my new country of recidence makes me feel that the site was probably designed either as a primary school project, or by the cheapest bidder, as it is obviously not even close to fit for purpose.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Jason-C
Contributor
Contributor

@alexandersim2

@alexandersim2 wrote:

Hi Jason

Unfortunatley exact same error with your link, but you are sayuing this is a bog standard message due to programers being to lazy to write more specific error messages. This gives me hope the listed reasons you give (which may not be exaustive) cover some scope, one thing comes to mind.

I ordered an item over a month ago and it was due to be delivered last Tuesday but has still not turned up so in Ebay I reported the item as having not been delivered, but that I still wanted the item if possible, could this be the cause of the problem as there is still the possibility I could claim back the money from that transaction if it never materializes?

Alex

Hi there,

I do accept that the developers at PayPal need to elaborate on their error system for the current version of PayPal.

You are correct, the list is not exhaustive but covers the most common and widespread causes. PayPal Classic would normally state the issue if it was a limitation, so we can clear that reason. The alternative is the transaction with eBay you mentioned...

In relation to your eBay query - if there is a case opened on PayPal with the seller of the item, this could be a reason for the error, as the PayPal transaction is linked to eBay's Resolution Center and they'll need the account to reimburse you, if necessary.

Best Wishes,

Jason C

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Jason-C
Contributor
Contributor

@alexandersim2

@alexandersim2 wrote:

Before you close your account

Sorry, there's a problem. Please try again later.

How much later been trying several times a day for weeks, whats the score is it something specific to me in which case make the error more meaningful if it is a major issue warn people about it and give an estimated time for it being fixed.

This sort of thing and the fact I have to close my account and open a new one rather than just dropping down a list and chosing my new country of recidence makes me feel that the site was probably designed either as a primary school project, or by the cheapest bidder, as it is obviously not even close to fit for purpose.

Hi there,

That error is displayed on the modern version of PayPal for a variety of causes. Here's some of them:

• There is a transaction that hasn't been completed yet.
  • Your account is limited and therefore cannot be closed.
  • Your account or a transaction is under review.

You can click here to close your account with PayPal Classic. A perk of this version is that the issue preventing the account from being closed will appear, which means you can work to resolve it.

Best Wishes,

Jason C

Login to Me Too

alexandersim2
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Jason

Unfortunatley exact same error with your link, but you are sayuing this is a bog standard message due to programers being to lazy to write more specific error messages. This gives me hope the listed reasons you give (which may not be exaustive) cover some scope, one thing comes to mind.

I ordered an item over a month ago and it was due to be delivered last Tuesday but has still not turned up so in Ebay I reported the item as having not been delivered, but that I still wanted the item if possible, could this be the cause of the problem as there is still the possibility I could claim back the money from that transaction if it never materializes?

Alex

Login to Me Too
Solved

Jason-C
Contributor
Contributor

@alexandersim2

@alexandersim2 wrote:

Hi Jason

Alex

Hi there,

I do accept that the developers at PayPal need to elaborate on their error system for the current version of PayPal.

You are correct, the list is not exhaustive but covers the most common and widespread causes. PayPal Classic would normally state the issue if it was a limitation, so we can clear that reason. The alternative is the transaction with eBay you mentioned...

In relation to your eBay query - if there is a case opened on PayPal with the seller of the item, this could be a reason for the error, as the PayPal transaction is linked to eBay's Resolution Center and they'll need the account to reimburse you, if necessary.

Best Wishes,

Jason C

Login to Me Too

alexandersim2
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Jason

The error was identical, but I think we have an answer, I will leave it till I settle the Ebay thing and Try again, I am asured the item will be delivered tomorrow so may not have to wait long.

Thanks for your prompt responses.

Alex

Login to Me Too

Jason-C
Contributor
Contributor

@alexandersim2

@alexandersim2 wrote:

Hi Jason

The error was identical, but I think we have an answer, I will leave it till I settle the Ebay thing and Try again, I am asured the item will be delivered tomorrow so may not have to wait long.

Thanks for your prompt responses.

Alex

Hi there,

Yes, once the dispute case is resolved, the system should clear the path for the account closure.

Thanks for reaching out to the PayPal Community.

Best Wishes,

Jason C

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.