Suspicious text received

sheffskin
Contributor
Contributor

I've just received a suspicious text message pertaining to be from PayPal asking me to click on a link (which I'd never do) to stop my account being stopped. I've logged onto the PayPal site (not via the link!) and there is no such issue with my account. So I have two questions...

1) How has this text been sent to my mobile and by whom?

2) Has my account been hacked or compromised? 

Thanks for any relevant answers anyone can offer 😉

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Nikim1
New Community Member
Just received a text from PAYPALUK stating I should follow the link provided to secure my account as they have just stopped an unathorised login from an unknown device?? I am guessing this is a scam?
Login to Me Too

sheffskin
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a bit concerned how they got my mobile number if it is not PayPal...

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Donna

Hello sheffskin,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Any time you receive a message about activity on your PayPal account, the safest way to confirm its validity is to log in to your PayPal account via the PayPal website (not using the links in the message received). Any of the activity reported in the message will be available to view. When you receive a payment, you’ll see the money in your account right away. Even if it was placed in your pending balance, you’ll see this.

I hope this helps.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.