Strange Transactions on an old PayPal account

baldy456
Contributor
Contributor

A few years ago I must of made a PayPal account, not this one, and the past few months I've been getting emails about transactions on the account. I'm sure I never actually used the account and there are no details like cards or anything linked to it and there never was but I do still use the email I registered it with.

The emails always say I sent a payment of such and such amount of Canadian dollars to some company and I fowarded the most recent email to spoof@paypal.co.uk, is there anything else I should do or be worried about?

I tried logging in to the account but forget the password, I tried a forgot password action but I can't remember the secret answers either.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Contact customer services >>

Click on the words "Contact us" at the bottom of paypal pages > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent.

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Contact customer services >>

Click on the words "Contact us" at the bottom of paypal pages > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent.

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.