Scammed by company and paypal denied my dispute

maxmillion
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I purchased web hosting from a company using paypal for 1Yr with a domain.

About a week after purchasing said hosting they told me they are moving servers to a different geo location,so the hosting i paid for WAS NOT what i paid for they basically did a bait and switch.

The hosting i was moved to was down on a regular basis with no notification of why, and the main client portal was offline as well so there is no way to even submit a ticket for support.

After a few weeks of waiting and trying to add screenshots and other evidence to support my claim paypal denied my claim.

Now that my claim has been denied the company has simply vanished with my money and my domain registered to me.

I used paypal for4 the buyer protection and i have been ripped off with the help of paypal.

I was sold via paypal a service that was not what i paid for, did not work as advertised and now doesnt exist?

I have no way to get my money back and calling paypal today the computer systems are not working YAY

Anyone have any advice on what i can do to get  my money back at this point i think lawyers need to be involved as paypal has done nothing to prevent me from being ripped off.

And there are plenty of other people hit by the same sellers so surley i cannopt be the only one filing a dispute.

Any advice?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Paypal states in buyer protection that they cover you for physical goods sent trackable in the post.

You are allowed to buy "services" or "virtual" or "collection" items but at your own risk.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

maxmillion
Contributor
Contributor
Well thats funny because paypal has just refunded a customer who purchased the same exact product from these scammers. have called paypal only to get an automated menu which is no help at all, am i seriously unable to talk to a human? How can they deny my claim yet refund someone else for the exact same reason and the same product, DOUBLE STANDARD? This is the most ridiculous situation ever the domain is registered in my name and i have no control over it and i am out the money i paid,i have screenshots and receipts to support my claim none of which the other user submitted and won the dispute. Paypal has effectively allowed these clowns to scam me for money and now given them the ability to use the domain in my name for malicious purposes if needed. IF your reading this i strongly suggest using another payment option than paypal! Needless to say i will never be using paypal ever again.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.