Accounts been emptied

Datmanrh
Contributor
Contributor

Can any one give insight how this can happen?

I dont use paypal maybe once or twice a year, today i get a invoice from paypal

You authorised a payment of $102.86 USD to G2a . com Limited     then another 2 from  same company  ( i have never heard of the company and it seems tied up with this website bitskins.com  in total  £150 has gone  30 in paypal and rest from credit card strange thing is  all the emails reguarding the  company have gone straight into gmails bin so it was pure chance i noticed it, it includes an email that says activate your OPSkins account  with a button on it, writing under it says that say If you didn't expect to receive this email, please disregard this message. No further action is required on your part.

so i have changed my password emailed g3a.com and replied to the invoice for opskins saying that these are unauthorised payments and i have never heard of their company and i certainly haven't got an account with them.

so how can they take money  if i haven't clicked the activate account button?

paypal password changed straight away and opened a dispute for all 3 payments

one of the emails says  

Hello ,

Here is a summary of your recent order made on March 16th  You can also view your order in the purchases section of your account.   but when i click account it takes me to the website with  user and id required which i don,t have as i have never signed up. im pretty clued up with computer security and cant see how this has happened  any thoughts ?? and am i likely to get my money refunded ? 😕

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Datmanrh

If the transactions show up as not coming from your IP address then you 'should' get a refund.

Have you done a virus scan on your computer?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Datmanrh
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlasswrote:

@Datmanrh

If the transactions show up as not coming from your IP address then you 'should' get a refund.

Have you done a virus scan on your computer?

this happened  on the 16th, i reinstalled  my system on the 15th with complete format,   have run virus checks nothing found , i have changed passwords on email and paypal straight away, i contacted g2a as well they have replied  As for the account used to make those transactions in our system, it has already been reported and security restrictions have been imposed on it to prevent any further unauthorized activities , so not sure if that account has been reported from others or  they have reported it because of my problem 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.