Re-opening a dispute for a refund

SharonBrad
Contributor
Contributor
Can someone please help me I have had an ongoing dispute with a company Monsier Edward Paris who I purchased a bag from, it took 6 weeks for it to arrive, I did log a dispute with the resolution centre but they have closed it. The bag arrived today and it’s nothing like the images I saw, so I want to return it and a refund. The problem is the company are based in China, which I had no idea about. I have tried to reopen another dispute in the resolution centre but it won’t let me. Am I expected to pay the extortionate shipping charges? This is so unfair if I am. I am at my wits end with PayPal and this cowboy of a company Monsieur Edward supposedly from Paris!
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SharonBrad

You didn't do much research on the company before you went ahead to buy did you?

They have very little information on their website apart from how to buy.

Minimal contact info apart from an email option.

....................................................................................................................................

And they state this...

Return Shipping

Monsieur Edward is not responsible for return shipping costs. To return your product(s), please send us an email for the adresse. Shipping costs are non-refundable.

Our company and fulfilment center are both based in Asia Pacific.

Depending on where you live, shipping time can vary. When shipping an item for a return, we recommend using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item and we are not responsible for lost merchandise.

..............................................................................................................................

Personally no way would I have bought from them.

However when you say you opened a dispute and it was closed then can you say what option you selected when you opened the dispute AND did you escalate it to a claim before 20 days were up?

Also what funding source did you use with Paypal to pay for the item?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SharonBrad
Contributor
Contributor
Research? Nope can’t say I did, but I don’t usually do that for any items I purchase to be honest. Hindsight is a wonderful thing! I opened the dispute in the wrong category as an unauthorised transaction, simply because I didn’t know what else to do to be honest. The company were ignoring my emails so I thought I had been scammed. The resolution centre closed it as satisfied because they were obviously able to contact the seller. And yes I also escalated it within the timescale. I paid via my Visa Debit card. Thank you for your response you’ve been most helpful!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SharonBrad

Thats a shame as an unauthorised dispute is telling Paypal that your account has been hacked and used without your consent.

As Paypal can see you did buy the item that dispute was always going to fail.

What you should have done was open 'item received but not as described' BUT you would need to return it to the seller (wait till Paypal tell you to do so).

So you could try phoning customer services and explaining and asking if they will re-open it for you??

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Log in and get the code.
When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent OR just say the word 'Agent'".
In the UK its free from any landline phone.

Lastly as you normally have to return it at your own expense then have you activated this and if you did before you made the transaction you would have help with the return postage.......

Lastly if that does not work then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you. Also personally I always fund my Paypal payments via a credit card as that gives you a second layer of protection.

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.