PayPal security key code on eBay.

satehen
Contributor
Contributor
I had an email a few days ago from PayPal claiming that some one had been trying (unsuccessfully) to access my account. So I signed up or paypals security key code to be sent to my mobile, I used it successfully to access PayPal on their website. Then I bought something from eBay and went to pay for it through Paypal. It asked for my password and the security code, but there was no option to send the code through SMS. I read that I'd need to link the security code on eBay as well, before it could be used. But I can't find any information on how to do this and in the mean time I can't pay by PayPal without the code! Help!
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

satehen
Contributor
Contributor
I can't find the answer to this question anywhere and I've got no help from eBay forums or this one! Plus now the texts aren't even getting through! HELP!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi satehen, 

Apologies in advance for my long response. This is all the information I have on setting up security keys.

you can use your mobile phone to request a 6-digit Security Key code in a text message. Here's how to register your phone to get the Security Key code by text.

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click 'Profile' near the top of the page.
  3. Select 'My Account Settings'.
  4. In the Security Key section, click 'Get Started'.
  5. Click 'Get security key'.
  6. Click 'Register your mobile phone'.
  7. Enter your mobile phone number twice, and then click 'Register'.
  8. Once you've registered your phone, we'll send you a text message with a code. Enter the code to activate your mobile for Security Key. 

Lastly, you can order a physical Security Key. Here's how:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click 'Profile' near the top of the page.
  3. Select 'My Account Settings'.
  4. In the Security Key section, click 'Get Started'.
  5. Click 'Get security key'.
  6. Click 'Order a credit-card size Security Key'.
  7. Select the number of Security Key cards you want to order (they cost £20 each and you can request up to 5 per account).
  8. Click 'Place Order'.

You’ll receive your Security Key within 10 working days.

I hope this helps 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Dandoknight
Contributor
Contributor
I am trying to pay using PayPal on eBay but am unable to get a security key as I used to. There seems no way around this although my phone is registered and gives me a code to log into PayPal otherwise
Login to Me Too

bettyboo2013
New Community Member

I'm having the same problem. When I'm ready to complete my ebay purchase... they say they'll send a code to my mobile and to click continue. After I have done so and have the code. I enter the code which doesnt seem to work. I've done this many times and it's really stopping me from making any other purchases on ebay. What can I do?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.