PayPal App & Security Key log in issues

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi all,

We are aware that customers who have the security key are experiencing issues logging into PayPal through the mobile app.

We have temporarily disabled access to our app for those using the PayPal security key. If you have the security key activated on your account and wish to log in through your phone can we suggest for now using your mobile browser rather than the app, this should resolve the issue.

We are working on improving this feature as a priority and will be sure to keep you updated.

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

SteveH-AEM
Contributor
Contributor

I just checked, I don't have a security key enabled on my account. Never have.

I'm still unable to log in to Paypal via the app, haven't been able to for at least a week.

I'm hoping an update/fix is immenent?

Thanks!

Steve

Login to Me Too

krys1969
Contributor
Contributor

I have found, on my android phone, don't know if it will work on an iphone, sorry, that if I use internet explorer instead of chrome and switch to the desktop view, i will then get the prompt to send me a text message for my security key, otherwise it does not work for me either. I get the same error messages when using ebay primarily.

Login to Me Too

DarylDart
New Community Member

Any update available for mobile app users with security key?

Login to Me Too

dpGoose
Contributor
Contributor
What's the current status? Why do I have to go through so much **** just to pay for something? It's almost like you don't want our business. If only ebay gave us alternative options. How difficult can it be to log into a service? Thousands of other online applications manage it. I have a friend who's kid just started play school. Would you like me to ask him to call your developers and off his assistance?
Login to Me Too

Adammjb
New Community Member
This is a Joke, 1password, transit, dayone, Dropbox, one drive.... The list goes on all got there Touch ID working quickly, my banking apps from Barclays all have the appropriate security, and papal can't even let us login to the iPhone app with twostep verification enabled? I've not looked at my PayPal account for months, I've almost forgotten of got one! Please can you sort this out!
Login to Me Too

Mickey_etc
Contributor
Contributor

BUMP still not fixed

EDIT:

I have fixed it.

i simply uninstalled it and i have had no issues from then on.

i dont use paypal anymore on my phone

Best solution till they hotfix

Login to Me Too

Mickey_etc
Contributor
Contributor

Congratulations, Mickey_etc!

As the result of your contributions to the community, you have earned a new rank. Your new rank is Member.

We appreciate your efforts and hope you will continue to be an active member of the community.

Thanks!

The PayPal Community Team

now they taking the pi..

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi All,

Just a quick update on Siobhan's post above.

I'm happy to confirm that the PayPal app now supports two factor authentication (2FA) for UK customers Smiley Happy

This feature is currently available on iOS with plans for Android coming soon.

As most of you know, 2FA combines the PayPal password (primary factor) and a random six digit code generated by the Security Key (secondary factor) for login.

Please let us know if you've queries about how this process works and Happy New Year!

Conor

Login to Me Too

big-mac

Hello Conor,

perhaps you can post some details on how to make this work.  I downloaded the app to my iPad today and still can't login to it.  I also can't login to Paypal from inside the Ebay app on my iPad either which makes buying anything from the iPad Ebay app almost imposssible.  I have two tokens set up on my account, the verisign token on my phone and the SMS type token.

I'm sure I am not he only one having problems so a simple guide on how to get it working would be very welcome

Thank you

Ian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.