How can I get my Debit Card (4 digit) verification code ?

mahesh7075
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I recentely added my Visa Debit card into my PayPal account. Now I want to withdraw some money to the Debit card. is that possible to withdraw amount without verify the card ? I'm wondering if I verified by clicking "Confirm Verify" button. how I will get the 4-Digit code, and how it will reach ? I really did not get any Statements for my Visa Debit Card yet. So who will send me the 4-Digit code ? Is that PayPal statement or my local bank statement ? I'm really confuesed about this things. Just to inform, my local bank account is a normal Saving Account type, so they issued this Visa Debit Card for the account.

Basically I'm a Sri Lankan, using my local bank Visa Debit Card. Curretnly I'm staying in Malaysia, there is no problem occured when I use this same Visa Debit Card for withdrawal purpose. I have used at many ATMs in Malaysia, no issues with my Visa card yet. But I really need to withdraw my PayPal money to the same Visa Debit Card. So I think I will be able to withdraw the amount using this same Visa Debit Card. Am I guessing correct ?

Appologize for my bad English.

I really appriciate a quick response for my questions 🙂

Regards,

Mahesh.

Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The code you need will be on your credit card statement - it can take a few days for the info to show up after you link your card.  You should see a small dollar amount charged to the card by PayPal and the code should also be part of that information.  After you enter the code back in your PayPal Account, PayPal will validate it and then credit the money that was charged to your card back to your PayPal Account Balance.

Login to Me Too

mahesh7075
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not getting any printed statement for my Visa Debit Card. I'm using online banking only for transaction services. So where I can see / check the 4-Digit code ?

Thanks,

Mahesh.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi mahesh7075,

Welcome to the PayPal community forum. New members are always welcome.Smiley Happy

On your online statement your 4-digit PayPal code is printed next to the word "PayPal" in the item description section of your statement. Once you receive your code you will need to log in to PayPal and enter the code to confirm your card.

Any questions please let us know

Paula

Login to Me Too

GEOXX
Contributor
Contributor

Why does Paypal 4 unique digit code takes so long to appear, It's been almost a month now

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Carlos

Hello GEOXX!

Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal Community! If you have requested the PayPal verification code, this is sent immediately when the charge is made to your card. This is normally displayed in your card statement within few days or immediately when customers have access to online banking. If you have not located the code yet, I would recommend you to contact directly with your card issuer as they should have access to all your card transaction history.

Hope this helps,

Carlos

Login to Me Too

ladyshin12
New Community Member

hello carlos. I have a question. Do I need to have an online account for my bank account to recieve my 4- digit code? Pls reply asap. thank you!

Login to Me Too

smartzy
New Community Member
Plese it's up to a week now, that. I created my paypal account and since then I've been waiting for this 4 digit code they keep telling me to check my. Online state, I don't have an online acess so how can I get my online state, I need a description please
Login to Me Too

romeo1
New Community Member

hi paula, 

pls i don not understand will i get a notification for this 4 digit  in my email box or how will i kown that the code has been send to me.

Login to Me Too

Angielica
Contributor
Contributor

whre ca i get the credit card statement?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.