PayPal Account Hacked

Mr_Uzy
Contributor
Contributor

Hello 

I recently have been so busy that i do not often check my paypal account summary, if i ever need to pay for something i often use my card directly or just enter my paypal details without needing to go to my actual account.

My Bank began calling me recently telling me that my card was under attack and being used fraudulently, unfortunately whenever they have called i have been unavble to take the call, so perhaps my brother or someone would pick it up.

It no transpires that someone has actually got into my account made some changed to my personal details and then set up a direct debit ir payment plan using my bloody CARD!!! I reported this as unauthorised to paypal but they are syaing that they can not do anything as the payment was part of a plan.

They took three transactions and also the suspicious activity resulted in my account being limited, furthermore the changed details mean i cant get any paypal balance out. PayPal customer support where are you? They attempted to wire money on three occassions but luckily they too big transactions which were rejected. I check my email and find miscellaneous invoices for things i dont even do. I only used the account for Couriers really!!!!!

I have changed the passwords and it looks like i am safe now but what about the money. Sorry of this was all over the place a little nervous.

Someone please help im bugging OUT!!!!!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_david

Hi there Mr_Uzy,

Welcome to the Community!

Thanks for reaching out to us in regards to this. I'm sorry to hear that there has been some payments sent without your authorisation through your PayPal account recently.

Firstly, you should complete a full scan for viruses on any device that you have been using recently. Then you can follow the steps through the following link in order to report these payments as unauthorised through your PayPal account https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/article/FAQ1608/3/?country.x=GB&locale.x=en_GB

David.

Login to Me Too

Clare748d
Contributor
Contributor
Email the local internet ombudsman also ring the police there as been a theft and there's fraud still ongoing wth YR account. Is there a way u can try and get e reported with details of one of YR email fraudulent receipts ask them when where and what they bought,what they looked like. Get as much information you can to bring those thieving BUGGERS DOWN!! 😬 It's not nice having it done to you. But you really need to call the police. Hope you sort them Nd catch them. Take care.. Clare.x
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.