Issue adding PayPal account as payment method for Google Play

IchorousAllsort
Contributor
Contributor

I just tried to add PayPal as my payment method in Google Play. It says there is an issue with the PayPal account because it is locked.
At first I think it got rejected because the username was wrong. I first signed up to PayPal when Google used googlemail.com. I was used to using this email and forgot that I'd updated it to the gmail.com form. When I tried again with the proper current email it still didn't work and I got an error message as in the subject line , "Issue adding PayPal account as payment method for Google Play" with [OR-CPIT-06] at the end.

The only other thing I can think is that it might possibly be the 2-step verification. Anyone know what it might be?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Igettäjä
Contributor
Contributor
Same problem, and I also suspect it's because of two-step verification. I don't want to disable that just for Google Play, though.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi there,

Welcome to our Uk Community!

It could be that you already have a link setup in the past, it is not allowing it to be duplicated. You can check as follows.

To view all your billing agreements:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click the Settings icon at the top of the page.
  3. Click Payments.
  4. Under 'Manage your payments', click Manage Payments

If this is not the case please forward the details to our Customer Support either by phone or through the secure message centre on your account.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Igettäjä
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your reply, Martin. Unfortunately I don't have an earlier link setup, so I'll contact the customer suppor about the situation.
Login to Me Too

IchorousAllsort
Contributor
Contributor

It isn't the case for me. I used to have Google Wallet set up but that was never through PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.