Paid an invoice to a fraudulent company

Corby789
Contributor
Contributor

I've paid a Paypal invoice on my credit card to a company that has gone into liquidation - they won't respond to messages about refunding. My credit card company has said I need to take it up with Paypal first or get a 'disclaimer form' from Paypal to take it up with them. The problem is that as it was an invoice I paid - it doesn't show up in my Paypal account so I can't raise it in the usual Resolution Centre. How can I start the process of trying to claim this money back?!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Corby789,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member! 

Your question is very account specific and we would be unable to tell you why this has happened over a public forum. I would suggest contacting us via Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK/, Twitter - @AskPayPal, email or phone and we would be happy to advise.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Corby789
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply, after A few days someone finally replied to me on twitter and escalated this to a claim. It has now been a week since I was told I’d have an answer and I’ve tweeted, dm’d, Facebook messaged and emailed everyday to try and get an update on this with no response. 

Its truly appalling service and I can’t believe how impossible it is to get a reply from PayPal. All I want is a disclaimer form so I can contact my credit card company and speak to an actual person within less than 10 minutes, not days of being ingnored. I can’t imagine how someone without social media would even attempt to contact you. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Corby789,

Apologies for the delay, we understand it has been a while since you sent us this message.

The fastest way to receive a response is by contacting our Customer Support team on 0800 358 7911.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.