Unauthorized payment Chargeback 2 Months Later...

Zoidbort
Contributor
Contributor

I JUST left feedback for this buyer and then they file an "unauthorized charge"?
Tracking shows the item was delivered almost 2 months ago (Jan 5th 2017) and they do an "unauthorized chargeback" now?

WTF is wrong with CC companies and always bending to the will of the card holder vs doing some investigating?

They clearly would have received at least one credit card statement if not 2 by now to know that charge was there so it is quite evident that this is a scam or this woman's son used her card to buy this but either way this is not my fault NOR responsibility.

I have met my end of the bargain and I will not cave in to this blatant scam.

It was shipped to their confirmed address in Paypal. 
You should know better than this Paypal...you need to start blocking people's accounts who do these chargebacks, you have the proof the item was shipped and delivered nearly 2 months ago and I have an impeccable Paypal and ebay record.

It is clear they were waiting for positive feedback and then once that was done they are trying to scam me via getting their money back AND keeping the jacket, this is evident.
The person BOUGHT the jacket with their ebay account and paid with their credit card, I shipped it and it was delivered with no word for almost 2 months of any issue.

This is unreal, how does Paypal stay in business when they offer protection SO LONG as it is done via direct transfer vs credit cards. 
If it is CC's then you as a seller are SOL?
My PP account has been perfect since I opened it in 2001. 

If they do not resolve this I am done with PP and will NOT be giving them this money back, sorry as I am out an expenssive jacket and the money now?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Zoidbort
Contributor
Contributor

Well...this was a new account so obviously set up as a scam.
Odd thing is I had it set up in ebay to NOT allow bidders with 0 feedback or less than 10. 
I didn't even realize. 

http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=dean.us.kirr4ni&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2...

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you should be protected under Paypal seller protection for unauthorised transaction if-

item eligible for protection

shipped t o the address on the transaction,does not have to be delivered.

if you lose,appeal

Login to Me Too

Zoidbort
Contributor
Contributor

Buyer emailed me essentially stating after he bought the jacket the card was stolen.... 

So in other words that transaction is legit but he decided to let his card company do a charge back on it anyway when it was stolen post purchase of said jacket. 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

The buyer is supposed to let the card know which was their last transaction correctly, not just let them chargeback any ole transaction.  Scoundrels.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.