Damaged piece returned

Goteșeanu
Contributor
Contributor

I had a few sales to a customer three months ago on eBay, but only two weeks ago he opened the dispute that the products are not original without any reason and demonstration. He opened the case on PayPal as on Ebay is not possible because the deadline has already passed, PayPal took my money from the account then the buyer sent the package back, I did not receive the package from the post and already the money was returned to the buyer, Today I took the package and some pieces of the boxes were broken, how can I solve this problem? Is that admissible?  the cases are now closed and I can not make a complaint. Thank you very much.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Rich

Hello Goteșeanu,

I'm sorry to hear of this negative sales experience. That is very unfortunate, especially if the buyer has been dishonest about how this damage occurred. If you have received the item back in a condition you do not believe it was sent originally, you should have the option to appeal the case. By doing this, PayPal will investigate the case further on your behalf and if possible, provide a reimbursement on the item back to you.

You will need to contact us directly in order for us to be able to appeal the case on your behalf. When you contact us, please let us know what the exact condition of the item is and we can forward the information to our claims team for you. You can do so by clicking "Help & Contact" at the bottom of most any PayPal page and select the option to call us or email us. You will want to provide the case ID, transaction ID and any supporting evidence that you may have. Then this claim will be opened for review and you will be able to upload additional evidence. 

I wish you luck with your future endeavors and thank you for being a contributing member of the PayPal Community. 

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You can report him to Ebay,if he does this too many times,his buying privilege would be restricted on Ebay.

YOU CAN also report him to Paypal for future reference,

but the money would not be taken back from him.

Login to Me Too

Linc1957
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Goteșeanu  Sounds like the Buyer knows how to scam the system.  In eBay's case an item has to be returned in the same condition you shipped it in although that is hard to prove.  You could call PayPal and ask them if that is also the policy they have for returns.  So ar eyou saying you did NOT get all of the items back or you got a damaged package back or you got damaged item(s) back?  Your post was not clear on wha tyou got back so please explain.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Rich

Hello Goteșeanu,

I'm sorry to hear of this negative sales experience. That is very unfortunate, especially if the buyer has been dishonest about how this damage occurred. If you have received the item back in a condition you do not believe it was sent originally, you should have the option to appeal the case. By doing this, PayPal will investigate the case further on your behalf and if possible, provide a reimbursement on the item back to you.

You will need to contact us directly in order for us to be able to appeal the case on your behalf. When you contact us, please let us know what the exact condition of the item is and we can forward the information to our claims team for you. You can do so by clicking "Help & Contact" at the bottom of most any PayPal page and select the option to call us or email us. You will want to provide the case ID, transaction ID and any supporting evidence that you may have. Then this claim will be opened for review and you will be able to upload additional evidence. 

I wish you luck with your future endeavors and thank you for being a contributing member of the PayPal Community. 

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.