An eBayer tries to fraud me after about 1,5 months later!!

cemates
Contributor
Contributor

YES AN EBAY TRIES TO FRAUD ME AND GET THE REFUND AFTER DAYS LATER!

I am a seller on eBay, and I sell online reachable things (no shipping). 

About 1.5 months ago I've sold an Instagram Account through eBay and provided all the information immediately after got the payment from him. And now, he opened a case as a PayPal Case, not an eBay cases as showed below.

Spoiler
Status Details:
The buyer has filed a claim stating this transaction was made without the account holder’s knowledge or consent. Please click Resolve Claim Now to view your options to resolve this issue and how to provide relevant information that will help in PayPal’s investigation. We must receive your response by 7 calendar days from case creation in order to include your input in our investigation.

I can provide all the talkings between him and me which we have said on eBay, and also I have written the login information as shipping details. How to solve this problem between him and me? What should I have to provide more to receive my money back?! 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

ArgenisGonzalez
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Cemates,

Selling Goods and Services on eBay is the easiest way for a buyer to scam as when they get their stuff they can simply file that they never meant to pay for it since they think you wont have tracking information to back you up. Now, what you can do as of now is provide screenshots of the transaction & the messages between you & the buyer on that case & even call in PayPal Support & explain to them the situation so that they can be on your side & do some documenting on their end so that when the fraud department investigates to make a final decision then, they can see & read whats going on. However, dont get your hopes up as this MIGHT work but, IF it doesnt then the last thing i can suggest is to maybe try to recover that Instagram account back into your possession & lastly, after all this is done, block the buyer from being able to shop in your store again & report him but, DONT block him while the case is open. Best of luck to you & have a good one! ~AG

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

IF YOU CANNOT PROVIDE TRACKING showing it has been delivered,then you get no seller protection.

Paypal robot does not read emails ,does not watch videos.

Login to Me Too

cemates
Contributor
Contributor

I've provided to PayPal 20 documents (screenshots, and our conversation on eBay with that person as PDF (eBay's print method))

And, I have checked the date when this transaction was done, it was 14th March 2017! I mean, it's over one month already, I even waited 21 days to receive my hold money on PayPal, why there's no seller protection for us for the goods which receivable the information online. I will update this thread after the case, but could you please continue to share your thoughts with me until the case closed? I mean even after if you have any thoughts to help others. I believe there are more people in this situation.

Really appreciated!

Kind regards,

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

digital/virtual goods,service rendered,financial instuments,auto,real estate,customs made goods ,they all have no seller protection.

you should know the risk before you accept paypal payment,why cry over spilt milk?

Paypal wants tracking showing it has been delivered to his address,and you have none.

everyday I log onto this forum and there is always somone crying they get scammed ,it is alright not to use tracking if you understand the risk involved.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.