Unable to receive payments from my wife's ebay account.

mckeys
New Community Member

My wife recently decided to register and sell on ebay.  Since I already have an established paypal account, I told her I'd set it up for payments to come there.    I have tried to follow paypals directions to link the two accounts, but no luck.  She has sold several auctions on ebay, but paypal has no record of receiving payments.  Paypals service help has been absolutely useless.  Can anyone in the community here shed some kinda light my way?

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

mckeys -

Welcome to the Community!

In most instances, the root of this issue is that the auction form that was filled out included a misspelled or outdated email address.  Also, if your wife hasn't confirmed her email address on PayPal, she'll want to do so.

You can check to see what email address was used by bringing up one of the items and clicking on "Sell Similar." Check the payments section and note the email address there.

If you still have access to this email address, add and confirm it on the PayPal account (in this case, her account) to accept the payments. This has to be done within 30 days of the payments being made or they are automatically returned.

If you don't have access to this email address, you'll want to ask your buyers to cancel their payments so that they can manually send it to your new email address via the Send Money tab. Make sure you reach out to them and let them know what to do, and provide them your new email address. You may want to ask for theirs if you are sending them a money request via PayPal to help facilitate the new payment.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

JeanQA
Contributor
Contributor

**Hello Adrian **

I have a question about  listing emails in my Paypal Account.

I have my original Primary email that is confirmed. It matches my main eBay Account email....Which I use mostly for Selling, but have used it for some buying.

I have a different email address that I would like to add to my Paypal Account  IF I would be able to achieve this.....

If I am on eBay and purchase something, would I then be able to use this Second email address to log into my Paypal Account... and any emails from Paypal concerning this purchase payment would go to thatsecond email account??   What I am trying to do is keep my Buying and Selling email separate...  to keep my  Selling Transaction and Buying Transaction  separate  for less confusing ... especially if I might be doing both in the same time period.....   I do realize that being one Paypal Account, both the Buy & Sell transactions would be together on my Paypal account....  just wanted to keep my emails straight....

Ok... if this is possible.... and I add the second email..  after I add it to my Paypal Account...  is there a Confirm button or something I have to do to actually Confirm it , so I will be able to use it ??

Thanks for the hlep Adrian ...

Was having more computer problems... finally got a new Laptop !!  Smiley Very Happy

Jean  Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hey JeanQA!

Good to see you, and glad to hear about the new laptop!  Shiny new toes always make me happy, but I can be a bit of a tech-head, after all Smiley Happy

As for notifications, you can certainly add the email and use it the way you're describing when making a purchase, but notifications will still be going to your primary email address (and you might receive them at your secondary then, too).  In the end, it might make a larger mess out of it for you. 

It might be easier for you to either separate the accounts, or use the History filters when viewing your activity to sort out payments sent and received.

Glad to hear you're well, I was wondering where you were!  Smiley Happy

Adrian

Login to Me Too

JeanQA
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Adrian wrote:

Hey JeanQA!

Good to see you, and glad to hear about the new laptop!  Shiny new toes always make me happy, but I can be a bit of a tech-head, after all Smiley Happy

As for notifications, you can certainly add the email and use it the way you're describing when making a purchase, but notifications will still be going to your primary email address (and you might receive them at your secondary then, too).  In the end, it might make a larger mess out of it for you. 

It might be easier for you to either separate the accounts, or use the History filters when viewing your activity to sort out payments sent and received.

Glad to hear you're well, I was wondering where you were!  Smiley Happy

Adrian

ok...  so that may be ok... that on my Paypal account History it does separate the transactions using the different emails...or at least shows which email I used for a particular transaction....

I can add my 2nd email and try a purchase with it and see if I do receive any Paypal info emails about the purchase.

My second email address (that I will be adding) is the same email I use for a second eBay ID?  Does that make any difference to Paypal when I make a purchase transaction from either eBay ID/email address I use...

And, if I understand what you said, Paypal will show transactions separate in my Paypal History/Filter ... when using different email addresses and/or eBay ID's?   

Gee, I think I almost confused myself on that one !    Smiley Surprised

It was awful when I was trying to transfer some things from my old computer to the new laptop...  I was just waiting for the old one to just die in the middle... but I believe I was successful... I tried to get rid of all the junk stuff I accumilated over time... I didn't realize how much I depend on my computer while I was under construction for awhile  !! Smiley Sad I did have to buy a wireless mouse ... the touchpad was driving me crazy, trying to set things up and I never had control of the cursor.. it was all over my window !!!!!! ... so it is the wireless mouse till I get used to directing with the touchpad....

Hey, I just noticed how many Kudos you have.... I remember when you were at 199 & I gave my first Kudo for your  # 200 ...  Just shows how busy you have been !!!  Smiley Happy  

Ok... Thanks so much for your help...  A Kudo for You !!

Jean  Smiley Very Happy

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Oh I know! I'm not a fan of the touchpad either.  There is a wireless mouse permanently plugged into my laptop and the touchpad is off.  Smiley Happy  As for the display, how it displays will just depend on the filter you're using to look at it, otherwise it will be mixed together.  Think of it like selecting "show me only this."  Other than that, yes, you can have more than one eBay ID synced up to a single PayPal account Smiley Happy

And I know! I've been very busy here lately, getting ready for my sabbatical.  I know I'll be leaving this place in good hands, but you know me - I'm always busy!  Smiley Very Happy

Login to Me Too

JeanQA
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Adrian wrote:

Oh I know! I'm not a fan of the touchpad either.  There is a wireless mouse permanently plugged into my laptop and the touchpad is off.  Smiley Happy  As for the display, how it displays will just depend on the filter you're using to look at it, otherwise it will be mixed together.  Think of it like selecting "show me only this."  Other than that, yes, you can have more than one eBay ID synced up to a single PayPal account Smiley Happy

And I know! I've been very busy here lately, getting ready for my sabbatical.  I know I'll be leaving this place in good hands, but you know me - I'm always busy!  Smiley Very Happy 

Ok .  that makes sense...  I will have to go check it out...  Thanks for helping me again !!  Smiley Happy

How long will you be gone?    Is this a vacation ?  You ARE coming back, aren't you?   You haven't reached your goal of 5000 Kudos so you can't be leaving ....     Smiley Sad 

Jean

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@JeanQA wrote:

Ok .  that makes sense...  I will have to go check it out...  Thanks for helping me again !!  Smiley Happy

How long will you be gone?    Is this a vacation ?  You ARE coming back, aren't you?   You haven't reached your goal of 5000 Kudos so you can't be leaving ....     Smiley Sad 

Jean

Oh no, I'll be back, just not for awhile.  I still have to hit that goal, you know Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

JeanQA
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Adrian wrote:

@JeanQA wrote:

Jean

Oh no, I'll be back, just not for awhile.  I still have to hit that goal, you know Smiley Happy

Smiley Happy  Glad to see you haven't completely left yet....  Did you say till August ?  I hope you get the rest and relaxation you need...  by the time you get back... I will probably need nelp again...  I am thinking, probably within the next couple or three weeks I will be setting up for Selling again... this time with Paypal....  I will probably post to you just out of habit... so you may have some waiting for you... See you have a few more Kudos !!  Wonder who did that ??

Smiley Sad  Jean   Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Yep, till August.  It's going to be quite an adventure!  Smiley Happy  And I look forward to it reading your posts when I return.  Thank you for the kudos again! Smiley Happy 

And don't be sad - no one can be sad if there's a kitten in the room Cat Surprised

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.