Partial refund

Maz52
Contributor
Contributor

i have to send a partial refund to my customer, so I have done this by sending money to customer (only very small amount) it shows as being sent awaiting customer to collect, but she says not recieved refund. How does she claim this

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maz52

OK then if you have sent the payment rather than refunding it then double check the email you sent it to was correct with no typos.

Also if she has NEVER sold then it could be she has to ''claim'' her first payment, depends how you sent it.

Edited as read you above reply and you should really have sent it ''family / friends'' if you did not use the refund option.

As you have sent it services then paypal would see her as a new seller and she would have to claim the first payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maz52

Why are you ''sending'' it and not using the refund option?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Maz52
Contributor
Contributor

Never done any refunds previously, looked at the refund screen which to me looked like need to refund payment only, but the customer is only due a partial refund hence refunded the way I did

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maz52

Well if the buyer filed a dispute and you had ''sent'' a refund, paypal would not think you have refunded and you would have to do it again.

You can do a full or a partial refund and when you do so all or part of the fee that you paid when your buyer paid is refunded as well.

https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/article/FAQ780/1

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Maz52
Contributor
Contributor

Dispute never been mentioned by customer, she just wishes to know now to claim this refund which shows on my PayPal account as customer needs to claim it

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maz52

ok sorry for trying to help.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Maz52
Contributor
Contributor

I really appreciate the help you have given me

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

if you have sent it to her Paypal email address,it should be in her account,she does nt have to claim it.

check the email address .

Login to Me Too

Maz52
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, I have in my last message asked the customer to confirm her email address, as I am sure she must have it but purely unsure how to collect it, as I send a Pymt for a service the same time in the same way and in both cases recieve communication advising me I had made each of these pymt so (including the partial refund) I recieved a reply from the service I paid for advising recieved okay so this partial refund I agree must have gone through 

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maz52

OK then if you have sent the payment rather than refunding it then double check the email you sent it to was correct with no typos.

Also if she has NEVER sold then it could be she has to ''claim'' her first payment, depends how you sent it.

Edited as read you above reply and you should really have sent it ''family / friends'' if you did not use the refund option.

As you have sent it services then paypal would see her as a new seller and she would have to claim the first payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.