How do I get a refund when I have paid with ebay gift cards???

LOUISE57

I am so frustrated. I bought an item last month using multiple ebay gift cards and $5 from my bank account. The seller I bought it from never sent me the item until I opened a paypal case against them. Then when I received the item it was not as described. Seller would not respond to any type of contact from me, ebay, or paypal. I opened a case with paypal and returned the item to the seller. Paypal ruled in my favor. They refunded the $5 back to my paypal account but not the $100 in gift card funds. So far they have not given me any helpful information. How do I get my money back???  are they going to send me a check? how long should this take? anyone out there who can help me? thanks in advance! 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LOUISE57

Phone customer services and ask them?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

go to Paypal and read about making multiple payments to a purchase and paying with gift cards.

I dont know how anyone can reverse the payments by gift cards? 

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Since you bought the item on Ebay,you should open a dispute on Ebay first,as Ebay will make the seller pays for return shipping by sending you a return label(unless the seller is overseas).

If you get no satisfaction from Ebay,then open a dispute with Paypal,if no satisfaction with Paypal,then your cc issuer ,if you paid with a credit card.

You should also call Ebay and ask what happens when a buyer uses multiple Ebay gift cards to pay for an item. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.