How do I change tracking no. for a shipping label that I voided & then shipped from PO?

LucidSwank
Contributor
Contributor

The old no. is still there on PayPal....I had entered wrong info re: package weight in my listing, & when I printed a shipping label on PayPal, it came out way too expensive. I voided that label & could not figure out how to make a new label, so I mailed the package from PO & got a tracking no. I think I have to manually put the new tracking number on my order at PayPal, but I can't see how to do it and the money says that its recieved but I haven't actually got anything on paypal. The voided tracking number is still there. Any help is much appreciated , I'm worried paypal will just be confused about the situation and keep my money. I was supposed to recieve the money to day (after 21 days or so) it says recieved but nothing...

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

On Ebay,you can add another shipping label tracking number,dont know how you can do it with paypal?

if buyer files item not received,then enter the new tracking number in the case history,

call PAYPAL and ask if you can add another tracking or remove old tracking 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

For future reference, if you need to make a new label or just use PayPal to ship something, use this page: https://www.paypal.com/shipnow or go back to the original payment transaction click 'view in classic site' and click "ship another" in the shipping section.

If the label is voided, you should be able to go to the transaction, tap or click it to view the details, then click 'view in classic site' and in the Shipping section to "add tracking".

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@sharpiemarker wrote:

For future reference, if you need to make a new label or just use PayPal to ship something, use this page: https://www.paypal.com/shipnow or go back to the original payment transaction click 'view in classic site' and click "ship another" in the shipping section.

If the label is voided, you should be able to go to the transaction, tap or click it to view the details, then click 'view in classic site' and in the Shipping section to "add tracking".

We used to be able to print shipping label on the transaction page,now all we can do is to print packing slip?

why?

Paypal ship now is not as convenient,as we have to key in the buyer address and we have to enter that tracking number on Ebay OURSELVES.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lancelotme wrote:

@sharpiemarker wrote:

We used to be able to print shipping label on the transaction page,now all we can do is to print packing slip?

why?

Paypal ship now is not as convenient,as we have to key in the buyer address and we have to enter that tracking number on Ebay OURSELVES.

When an order's processing doesn't go as normal, like error on label, etc, you find alternative ways to get it corrected.  It shouldn't happen a lot so the inconvenience isn't drastic.  

The OP can go back into the original payment transaction to 'ship another' which will grab the mailing address again into the shipping form but it has to be done in classic view as PayPal continue work to fold the classic version in with the new.  Just tap or click the transaction, click to view in classic site and go to Shipping section.

OR just use PayPal Ship Now as another way, you can include the buyer's email there too so they can get a notification.  One can even use Ship Now to mail something non-order related and pay with PayPal.  Something I thought I'd share with the OP for future reference is all.  If you got to enter the tracking number in eBay this ONE TIME due to special circumstances, it's no big deal unless youse error prone.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.