Haven't received refund

hanonex
Contributor
Contributor
I bought an item on eBay a few days ago and I was charged twice for the same item. I contacted the seller and explained the situation, so they agreed to give me a refund. On PayPal it says that I've received the refund from both payments, but my account has only been credited once, should I wait a little longer for the rest of the money, or is there just no way to get it back?
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hanonex wrote:
I bought an item on eBay a few days ago and I was charged twice for the same item. I contacted the seller and explained the situation, so they agreed to give me a refund. On PayPal it says that I've received the refund from both payments, but my account has only been credited once, should I wait a little longer for the rest of the money, or is there just no way to get it back?

Did the seller agree to refund both payments and cancel your order?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

hanonex
Contributor
Contributor
The seller says he only received payment once and I've received the refund from them. However on my PayPal activity page it says I've received both refunds but I've only been credited for one of them.
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You said you bought one item and was charged twice.

There is no way for the seller to charge you twice,there is also no way to send payment twice for the same item on Ebay. 

Login to Me Too

hanonex
Contributor
Contributor
Well I'm not sure what happened then. I was charged to my bank account as well as my PayPal account for the same amount on the same day, and I only used my card once that day.
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@hanonex wrote:
Well I'm not sure what happened then. I was charged to my bank account as well as my PayPal account for the same amount on the same day, and I only used my card once that day.

is there fund in your Paypal account?

Paypal will use your paypal fund first,unless you specify you want them to use credit card or bank fund.

Login to Me Too

hanonex
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah, I had about $67 when I bought the item, really confused about what happened.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Call PayPal or contact PayPal customer service via message center to sort it out.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.