where do I request a check from paypal?

randomness101
Contributor
Contributor

With the new paypal layout, I can not figure out where do I go about requesting a paypal check. Where can I find this?

Login to Me Too
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Bunny016
New Community Member

Log into Paypal.  Under your paypal balance, click on Transfer To Your Bank.  Then click on Request a Check by Mail.  

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
Solved

LadyPyre
New Community Member

Go to your account overview and under your Balance go to Transfer to your Bank. Next you will be taken to where you can transfer then money. Look for Request a Check from Paypal by Mail Instead at the bottom. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
33 REPLIES 33

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Depending on what you see when you login to your account - there's a couple ways to find what you're looking for.  When you login and you see the word Beta at the top with a message that says Welcome to the new PayPal, below that you should the word Money and you should see your available account balance.  Next, you should also see the Withdraw Money linkl, click on that link.  It's straight forward from there.

If after you login, you have a menu at the top of the screen, you should see the word Money.  Click on Money, you should then see your available account balance - you should also see a Withdraw Money button.  Click on the button and again, it's straight forward from there.

Login to Me Too

UserX
Contributor
Contributor

[Quote] When you login and you see the word Beta at the top with a message that says Welcome to the new PayPal, below that you should the word Money and you should see your available account balance.  Next, you should also see the Withdraw Money linkl, click on that link.  It's straight forward from there.[/Quote]

This isn't accurate.  I've logged in a few times and always get pushed over to the NEW site layout where there isn't an option to Request a Check any longer.

Also, when my log in is processed is sometimes shows a history error.

Please provide a phone contact so a check can be requested.

Thanks,

Roger...

Login to Me Too

Sarahfanky
New Community Member
https://www.paypal.com/wdfunds This will take you where you need to go.
Login to Me Too

Terrinaka
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for posting this. It's almost like PayPal doesn't want anyone to find the link.

Login to Me Too

Keith17
Contributor
Contributor

@Terrinaka wrote:

Thank you for posting this. It's almost like PayPal doesn't want anyone to find the link.

Absolutely--big businesses today, try everything they can do to prevent, discourage, trick, manipulate, etc. their users.  Paypal hopes you get frustrated enough and do not try to withdraw YOUR money--or at least they make the seller go through extra steps.

Believe it, many people forget, do not want to take the time, rationalize to themselves, or give up easily because it may "ONLY BE $12.00."  Not me, they make enough money as it is on the transactions.  Paypal will not notify you in 5 years that you have a balance of $65.00, that still sits in your account.  What do you suppose will happen to that money, if you do not withdraw it?

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

It is not Paypal job to remind you what you want to do with your money or Why YOU keep 65 dollars in your account?

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

The old Paypal caters to indivduals like the Ebay sellers ,but since the spinoff,the contract between Paypal and Ebay will expire (i think 2 years ) and PAYPAL has to find a way to make a living if it loses the Ebay business or less of that business.

Thats why you see the format change and new products,to attract brick and mortar shops and websites and other business organisations like clubs and trade groups

if you are running a business,you dont check your balance every day,in the evening Paypal batched up your charges and send it to the cc network,and collect the money and deposit in your bank account,you dont need to ask for a check,money is already in your bank account and you can write your own check.

you dont reconcile your account daily,you do this once a month and you have an accountant who comes in every week or month to do your bookeeping.

If Paypal is successful,little guys like us would have to get used to their new format or find another Paypal

Login to Me Too

kbutman
New Community Member

Thank you so much for this link.

I really don't know what's going on with PayPal these days. Is there site in flux? Are they hiding this request page for a reason? Why doesn't the "Request a Check" page look like the rest of the site?

I spent over 30 minutes just looking for this link to request a check. Unfortunately, I didn't have high regard for Paypal to begin with and now, I have even less.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@kbutman

Did you complete your check request?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.