Want to close account but can't!

lkz90
New Community Member

Hi Everyone

First off: I'm German and live in Germany. The German customer service couldn't help me, and the American customer service did  **bleep** all.

I opened my account when I lived in the US as an au pair. So it has my then host familie's adress saved in it, my then bank account (which is long inactive), and so on. I really want to use that account (or rather, the e-mail adress connected to it) now, but I can't overhaul my existing account accordingly (change language, adress, bank account, etc.), so I want to close/delete it and the open a new one.

Main issue also seems to be that I can't really verify that it's my account because I don't have any of the documents from my American bank account anymore.

So, any tips on how I can fix this? I really want my main e-mail adress connected to an active paypal account.

Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

There likely isn't any solution other than PayPal customer service.  That will take a lot of patience and extreme persistence--and may not even be successful if you can't confirm ownership of the account based on account information.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

why can you use a new email address and open a German account,start from scratch,

Is there any money in your US paypal account?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.