Send money from debit card to paypal prepaid master card via paypal

thejoimethod
Contributor
Contributor

Hello paypal community,

My mother is on a fixed income (without a bank account) and I would like to send her money while I am out on the road. I first tried American Express Bluebird card but the crazy thing was the name on the Bluebird card had to match the name on the debit card (which she doesnt have) that was linked to the Bluebird card. Unfortunately, I couldn't use my debit card to send her money to the bluebird card wich would have solved my problem. 

I tried to go my pay pal to send money to my paypal and in turn send this money to her. But paypal said I cannot send money to myself...So now I am wanting to do the same with paypal that I tried to do with bluebird. I ordered a paypal prepaid mastercard for her.

My goal is to transfer money from my debit card to her pay pal prepaid master card!

I have my debit card linked to my paypal but don't know how to send money from my debit card (via paypal) to her paypal prepaid mastercard...

Any ideas?

Thanks

John

So now I am wanting to do the same with paypal. I order a paypal prepaid mastercard for her. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
6 REPLIES 6

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Is the PayPal account you are using registered to your own name and address where you currently live?  Are all linked accounts registed to your name and same address?

You can only send money to another PayPal member's email address.  This means that you must send the money to your mother's PayPal email address.  This assumes you are both in the U. S. 

Login to Me Too

thejoimethod
Contributor
Contributor

Yes my paypal is registered in my name qwith my American address....and I am a U.S citizen that live in the states

One thing I forgot to mention is my mother is 76 and never used a computer...she doesn't have a paypal account nor an email address..

I hope this helps

Thanks

John

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Well, then you can't use PayPal to send a payment. 

You can send cash with moneygram or something similar or you can mail a check.  You mother should be familiar with tradtional banking methods.

Login to Me Too
Solved

thejoimethod
Contributor
Contributor

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if she does not have a bank account,I would not suggest  a PAYPAL prepaid debit card,it cost 4.95 a month to maintain ,it can move money from and to her Paypal account.

but read this forum,many people have problems and if she has no PC or not familiar with computer,not a good idea.

just do it the old fashion way,send her postal order,she can cash it at the post office with proper ID.AND NO FEE charged.

I thought senior citizens get free checking and bonus too,if she signs  up to get her monthly government checks delivered to that bank account.

JPM was offering like $200 if you open a checking or saving with monthly govt transfer.there is a limit of how many free withdrawals and minimum balance to avoid monthly fee.

and once she has a bank account,you can do interbanking transfer to deposit fund into her bank account

Login to Me Too

thejoimethod
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your advice!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.