Primary and Billing Addresses are not the same

kaytelucy
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not really sure if this problem can be solved or not, but I really hope it can.

I go to college in Montana, but my family lives in Oregon, and the billing address on my card is my Oregon address. However, when I buy things, I have them shipped to me at school. I haven't used PayPal to make a purchase recently because if I do, it will get shipped to Oregon rather than to me in Montana. If I set my college address as my primary, it sets it as my billing address too. How can I make my billing and shipping addresses separate?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

Basically it depends on the seller and what they require - a seller can configure their PayPal account settings to only accept a "confirmed address" - meaning that your billing address and your shipping address "must" be the same.  From a seller's perspective, this protects them from issues such as disputes, claims and returns however, doing so does limit their sales.   As a buyer, you have no control over what the seller prefers - what you the buyer needs to do is contact the seller, explain the challenge and hope that the seller is flexible.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

Basically it depends on the seller and what they require - a seller can configure their PayPal account settings to only accept a "confirmed address" - meaning that your billing address and your shipping address "must" be the same.  From a seller's perspective, this protects them from issues such as disputes, claims and returns however, doing so does limit their sales.   As a buyer, you have no control over what the seller prefers - what you the buyer needs to do is contact the seller, explain the challenge and hope that the seller is flexible.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.