Can't fix or change my primary address

isabella_wood01
New Community Member

I made a mistake in the apt., ste, bldg. line in the address. I don't need anything in this line but I for some reason put something in it. I tried to delete it but when I clicked 'update address' it says 'please try again'. I tried again and sadly it still didn't work. I then made a "new address" with the correct information and tried to remove my old one and replace it with the "new" one. This unfortunately failed to work either saying the same dreaded line of 'please try again'. I looked for an answer on the Paypal community, but I have come up with the same to things I've tried. I really hope someone can point it out to me.

Thanks so much in advance

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

jjstiff

Try to create a new address one more time, make sure to check as primary.

Does it create the new address or replace an existing address? Is it primary?

Either way, if it is now marked as primary: go through your cards and make sure they are pointing to this address rather than any address you want to delete.

Once you have unlinked the bad address from your cards, can you now delete the bad address?

See also: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Settings/Can-t-update-address-in-profile/m-p/1476397/highl...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.