Paypal Balance does not make sense to me.

Planta_V
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all!

I am really sorry if this is a stupid question, but I haven't been able to figure out what is going on anywhere else.

Schermata 2016-11-11 alle 13.57.50.png

So, here is my problem: the balance does not makes sense. Most sums are handled correcly, but these cases crop up more often than they should. I am sure it's my problem and I am doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what.

Any tips with that? Sorry again if this is silly.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you have to show more of your account activities.

Login to Me Too

Planta_V
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Sumiko!

What information would you think is relevant to the case?

Thanks so much for your help!

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

show more transactions !before and after

Login to Me Too

Planta_V
Contributor
Contributor

Schermata 2016-11-14 alle 19.28.27.png

Ok, 

so, here for example, Aug 30th, balance is 2646,63. On the same day a payment is received, amount 281,30. New balance should be 2927,93, but it is not. Also, if I keep adding the sums on my calculator, on Sept.2nd the sum is right again. It does not make sense if you see the balance on Aug. 30th, which is 2763,03. If you add the Sept. 2nd payment of 591,70 the balance for that day should be 3354,73, but it is actually 4935,83, which is the real balance if you add all payments before. Maybe I can't read the balance properly, and it is my mistake, but I can't make sense of it. 

Thanks a lot for your help!

Login to Me Too

lifstr
Contributor
Contributor

I agree.  I wish there was some way to get PayPal to provide a simple accounting.  There are mysterious increases in my balance when I know for a fact that no money went into the account for days before.  There are debit card transactions that are deducted from the account balance, then the same amount as a temporary hold deducted from the account balance, then on the same day a temporary hold is deposited and then deducted AGAIN.  This makes it almost impossible to tell what is going on with my PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@Planta_V

Use this classic site link - https://history.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_history - to view your account activity with balance. Do the entries make sense on the classic site page?

-Sandy

Login to Me Too

lifstr
Contributor
Contributor

Yes!!  Thank you.  I have bookmarked that link.

Login to Me Too

lifstr
Contributor
Contributor
Oh wait -- when I look at the balance column using that link, it shows the same balance over three card transactions. This isn't really any better. How can I ever know what's actually in the account?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.