PayPal Transfer Lagging - Help!

thrillingfindz
Contributor
Contributor

I made a transfer of eBay sale proceeds from PayPal to my bank account on May 2.  It is now May 8, SEVEN DAYS LATER, and it hasn't shown up in my bank account yet.  Who, exactly, at PayPal is responsible for speaking to you personally about this?  Their menus duck personal contact, sending me to the Attorney General's office in Texas, which advised me to file a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.  This runaround makes me almost angry enough to actually do that.  Why isn't there a human being to just plain answer seller inqiries about failure to credit sale proceeds that the seller has transferred to his or her own bank?  Plus, does anybody know how to reach a real, live human being at PayPal?  It used to be easy.  But the options being given on PayPal's website no longer include it.  I'm not disputing the transaction - it was fine.  The buyer paid, and I sent the item.  I do, however, dispute PayPal failing to timely transfer my money to me when I ask for it.  And, pointedly, there's no link for that kind of dispute.  How long do they get to grab and keep your money before finally forking it over  to you?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

what country,what bank?

how old or new is the fund you are transferring?

In US,ACH takes 3-5 days.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

what is the status of the transfer?

completed,processed?

when it said completed or processed,it just means the bank where Paypal kept your money has sent the fund into ACH,then it is up to your bank to allocate it to your account.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if you have a business account ,consider applying for a Paypal business debit card,you can go shopping ,use it as a credit card and Paypal will give you 1% cash rebate,withdraw money from ATM.

It taps your Paypal fund backed by bank fund.

Login to Me Too

bennymutt
Contributor
Contributor

Me too.

all of a sudden, less than 2 months ago PayPal has started to hold on to my bank transfers for 3-4 days No matter what what they or anybody else says this was not what they used to do. Mine too are from eBay sales. I used to have them in my bank the next business day and sometimes if early enough the same day. PayPal phone support says no that never happened. I am tempted to copy and paste from PayPal to my bank from 3 months ago. When I have sent emails I get no reply. When I use PayPal support on twitter they claim no knowledge and just give me the PayPal phone number who said all deposits have to go to the federal reserve so they can never be transferred the next day like it says on there site. I used to count on that money being in my bank but can't anymore. It's when they feel like sending it. Is there anyway they are getting some interest on keeping the money?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Once the transfer shows completed on the PayPal side, it's gone; they couldn't get any interest.  The transfer through the banking system is the reason for the delay.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyP

Hi bennymutt,

I can see why this would be concerning. In order to have this matter investigated further, we would need you to reach out to our teams directly. Our teams can be reached by clicking on the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any PayPal page) or on Twitter or Facebook.

-AshleyP

If you found my reply helpful, please accept it as a solution. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

bennymutt
Contributor
Contributor
Email only responds to questions they can answer. Twitter tried to help but couldn't. Doesn't matter anymore. PayPal finally woke up and issued changes to policy effective July 27 2017 a person with a debit card can get their money from ebay sales or whatever applied to their debit card if their bank allows it.
Login to Me Too

bennymutt
Contributor
Contributor
If you find my reply helpful you can accept it. I do.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.